- Passionate, intelligent, critical thinker, problem solver, highly persuasive
- Proactive communicator, documents clearly and succinctly
- Detail-oriented, thoughtful, respectful – a team player
- Passion for quality software, including testability, automation, and test code coverage
Primary responsibilities of this individual contributor role will be to manage, maintain, and engineer mission critical Linux-based systems for our highly-available, public-facing SaaS solution, as well as our internal DevOps environments. The candidate will work with multi-disciplinary teams (developers, architects, operations and QA) to fully automate and build out new application environments in the cloud, spearheading automation and high performing system projects.
Required experience and qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years experience in working with the DevOps discipline and deployment to the AWS public cloud
- AWS Services preferred (CloudFormation, Lambda, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Datapipeline, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, EC2, ECS, ELB, S3/EBS, Salt etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Shell or Python) is a must. Must have strong communication skills, presentation skills, and be able to deconstruct complex problems and projects into execution detail
- Proven scripting and debugging in languages such as bash, perl, ruby, and\or python
- Practiced and perfected understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with making zero configuration, CI/CD a reality; Jenkins, Maven
- Maximize the benefits of logging, monitoring, error tracking, and alerting; AWS CloudWatch, Logstash, Kibana preferred
- Meaningful experience with messaging/distributed logs; AWS Kinesis and SQS preferred
- Experience developing and deploying applications in Docker containers and scaling them in production; AWS ECS and ELB preferred. API Gateway experience preferred
- Leverage a successful balance between security, access control, and auditing capabilities in the public cloud; AWS IAM, AWS Config, and AWS key management preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of Linux, Automation Tools (Chef, Salt or Puppet optional)
- Microservices deployed with Java, Ruby on Rails, Node.js etc.
- Good experience on Networking Technologies like Load balancer, Firewall and DNS
- Good experience on AWS VPC setup, Security Groups, IAM roles and policies
- Certification in AWS Solution Architect – Associate is a bonus
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top