Device Enablement Engineer - Entry Level
The device enablement engineer in World-wide MPS enables new devices or New Product Introductions for inclusion in Managed Print Services accounts. This involves getting these printer and multi-function products to Sales & Operations Ready, so that the devices may be priced, quoted, sold, deployed, serviced and supported after contract signing.
The purpose of the Device Enablement Engineer position is to lead the design, development and maintenance of the Managed Print Services (MPS) Portfolio of New Product Introductions (NPIs). The Device Enablement team is responsible for developing and maintaining efficient and cost effective devices and related services for the MPS business based on strategic direction from the MPS Portfolio Management team. The DE Engineer acts as a project/program manager leading global and regional cross-functional teams in the service engineering and development processes. The projects are focused on direct MPS, but can also enable partner MPS and/or channel MPS routes to market worldwide.
The Portfolio Engineering Position requires:
- Project/Program Management/Leadership capabilities - lead a broad range of internal and external partners through the development lifecycle to ensure the effective and timely creation of new devices for MPS
- Process Development and Design capabilities -understand the basics of service and process design and development in order to develop business processes and service capabilities. Includes process improvement.
- Documentation capabilities - document all service definitions and processes including the ability to document technical process flows in Provision/Visio
- Implementation capabilities - lead the implementation of new processes and service delivery capabilities
- Troubleshoot problems and maintain portfolio - ensure that MPS Portfolio and its services are cost-effective, efficient and productive. Resolve problems as they arise. Improve processes related to NPIs.
- Education and Experience Required:
A Bachelor degree and a Master degree (within 12 months) in business management, process development, change management, program management, or project management or similar
Desired: PMP certification.
- Customer focused
- Passionate about their work & contributions
- Project and/or program management experience
- Experience developing effective and detailed business processes
- Highly accountable and responsible for self & team deliverables
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to resolve business/technical problems and implement effective solutions
- Ability to meet timelines in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven track record of successful, on time, high quality delivery.
- Ability to be part of and/or lead business/technical teams to develop processes, products or services
- Ability to work with cross-functional partners and teams globally
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top