Device as a Service Technical Support Intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That's how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
Are you someone interested in working in an agile start-up environment while leveraging the brand recognition, solution capabilities and global reach of one of the world's largest IT corporations? The Emerging Compute Solutions team operates in a highly dynamic landscape with a product portfolio that encompasses commercial services, analytics and machine learning, commercial mobility devices, retail point of sale devices, thin clients and workflow transformation. The business unit builds a best-in-class, multi-OS Services portfolio powered by software, cloud, analytics and machine learning as well as expert IT resources. Our services portfolio powers HP's Device as a Service (DaaS). For more info on DaaS, please visit: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/services/daas.html.
Role Scope & Expectations:
The Device as a Service (DaaS) Technical Intern will report to the Manager of Technical Remote Support team in Houston, Texas. This position will focus on creating and documenting repeatable processes and support content for service and call center support agents and strive for highest efficiency and best outcome of results for our customers (IT Administrators). All work product will go directly to supporting our Fall 2019 product release cycle improving the experience for both external customers and channel partners as well as internal support functions.
The selected candidate will focus on a few projects over the summer term to obtain a well-rounded view of employee experiences at HP, including but not limited to:
- Content Management: Streamlining and improving technical documentation for call agents to reference for customer engagements in regards to software reporting and monitoring within our Device as a Service product offering. Evaluating and recommending best content management system for call agents - and implementing improvements to communication and content management tools.
- Training: Creating templates for virtual training programs. Set schedule for next 12 months, document standard template for new call agent hires as well as on-going step function training for new features.
- Learning and gaining exposure to product management, service offer creation, software development, user experience and design, among many other areas.
- Participating in the HP Summer Intern program - supporting community give back events, other employee engagement opportunities for networking as well as the intern project showcase.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to enable effective communication internally and externally.
- Analytical mindset; ability to grasp new technologies and tools quickly.
- Comfortable doing troubleshooting in a technical environment to offer possible solutions to prevent problems and improve productivity.
- Understand software distribution and how to debug issues using technology; ability to configure VPN, security protocols.
- Working knowledge of various End Point Management a big plus (Intune, AirWatch, JAMF etc)
- Understanding of cloud technology (Amazon Web Services, Azure)
- OS experience across variety of end user devices (Windows 10, iOS, MacOS, Android, Chrome)
Education and Certifications Required:
- High School Degree
- 3rd year complete towards Bachelor's technical degree specialization in management information systems, software engineering, computer science or other related field of study
Back to top