Device as a Service Technical Solutions Consultant
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
This position is an EARLY CAREER / GRAD HIRE, HP is committed to training the new hire on our processes and technologies. Level 2 remote management and support engineer within the (DaaS) Device as a Service team. Primarily responsible to support and resolve enterprise device management tool issues\questions related to VM Ware Workspace One and HP's Analytics and Proactive Management software tools. The candidate will have an understanding of remote device management methodology and apply subject matter knowledge to triage and resolve issues. Must work across business\tool owners to resolve issues. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user's contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- May represent HP in a face to face customer location visit, internal conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
- Engages team members for support as required to ensure internal or external business and end users/clients service level targets are met.
- Develop partnership with and assist the Sales Pursuit team.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Typically 0-2 years experience
- Relevant industry experience is desired but not mandatory
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates talent to work closely with customer technical resources and management to resolve issues in accordance to service level targets.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving capability with aptitude to grasp new tools quickly.
- Provides understanding/experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment.
- Contributes to ideas and solutions to prevent problems and support incidents from reoccurring.
- Proficiency with case management databases and tools.
- Ability to contribute to technical action plans as well as document and impart training on other technicians within own team or within customer's organization where applicable.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) required, additional language fluency a strong plus
- Familiarity with device management concepts, past experience in coding and or software development.
- Setting policy for PC security management for areas such as firewall and antivirus. Ability to configure end user device to have specific app deployment, VPN and security authentication protocols based on customer's IT policy.
- Capacity to recommend enhancements or improvements to policies.
- Understanding and familiarity of concepts around policy management through tools such as Azure, Microsoft Active Directory.
- Familiarity and/or experience conceptually in application management through tools such as SCCM, Azure AD, Apple DEP, Apple VPP, etc.
- OS experience\expertise - Windows 10, iOS, MacOS, Android
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model, certification a plus but not required
Back to top