Device as a Service (DaaS) Sales Specialist, South East
We are currently looking for high-energy, driven Device as a Service Sales Specialist with knowledge of Personal Systems technology, in depth and lengthy Managed Services experience and solid business-to-business sales and Hunter experience. You will be working as an overlay to the current account team, selling our entire portfolio of Life cycle services, and in depth management of Device as a Service (DaaS).
HP Inc. offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be empowered to sell Intensive Managed Services, business applications & solutions and be set up for success. Our goal is to build an organization of smart, dynamic, ambitious Device as a Service sales specialists, committed to our mission and focused on winning, but able to balance this with a respectful, healthy environment and lifestyle. At HP Inc., integrity and reliability are as important as talent and effort.
As an overlay to the Sales team you will be selling to our largest and most strategic acquisition and product based install base accounts and working with Fortune 500 caliber clients. You will execute on the in depth strategic account plans that you will be responsible for the creation of, to deliver maximum contractual and revenue potential. Manage complete and complex sales-cycles often presenting to C-level executives the value of our full suite of services, management analytics and applications. Forecast sales activity, in depth account/business planning and revenue using salesforce.com, while creating satisfied customers. Evangelize the HPI Device as a Service vision through the building of Business case and ROI management and creation of the HPI specific value added differentiation, in-market events, and strategic account specific initiatives.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Seek out new opportunities and expands and enhances existing opportunities to build and manage the pipeline in specialty area.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP's products and services better.
- Develop pursuit plans and manage the pipeline to ensure alignment with account managers.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Contributes to proposal development, negotiations and deal closings.
- Work closely with and supports account manager, providing technical expertise and support, and participating in client engagements up to C- level engagements for more complex solutions in smaller accounts.
- May focus on growing contractual renewals for mid size accounts with some complexity, to higher-total contract- value renewals.
- Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in area of specialization.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree or directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated success in achieving progressively higher quota.
- Extensive vertical industry knowledge required.
- Typically 5-8 years advanced sales experience required.
- 5 or more years of individual quota carrying managed services, software or technology sales and pure hunting experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings, to be able to sell expansive systems or services and attached products
- Ability to translate the specific value proposition, for each customer into the customer's value framework
- Build business through proactive customer contacts, which result in meeting/exceeding annual quota targets through sales to new customers
- Leverage research skills, intra-company contacts, market data to qualify prospects and develop a calibrated target client list
- Utilize strong lead generation capabilities to successfully penetrate client at all levels of organization through and including C-suite
- Ability to identify different buyer motivations across various client bases and levels in order to expand potential revenue drivers
- Adjust sales approach and strategy accordingly to various client drivers to solidify role as customer advocate
- Incorporate customer perspective, drivers, product/service relevancy to deliver persuasive client presentations
- Demonstrate customer advocacy by emphasizing those features/benefits of relevant HPI software, Device Centric Managed Service offerings which meet specific customer' needs
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CEO/CFO level
- Ability to create trans-formative vision and value prop, selling business value to customers across various LOB
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 5 - 10% of company) in past positions
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles- demonstrated ownership of all aspects of territory/business and account management
- Comfortable and compelling both on the phone, and in the boardroom
- Consistent earnings history representative of plan over-achievement
- Ownership of the sales cycle from initiation to closing
- Meeting / exceeding monthly, quarterly & annual targets and quotas
- Prospecting territory using multi-channel techniques
- Closing opportunities identified via own prospecting and/or lead generation team
- Ensuring forecast accuracy
- Collaborating with sales, Pursuit and Delivery teams to determine strategic approaches for sales and territory management
- Providing effective product demos, working closely with the Sales Engineering team to build out and present solid technical sales solutions to multilevel decision-makers at client companies
- Emphasizing service or product features and benefits, quoting prices, and preparing sales order reports or forms
- Strong computer skills, including salesforce.com , Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Managed Services, Enterprise software and/or DaaS solutions expertise strongly preferred
- Experience selling into the largest Fortune 500 and Enterprise customers
- Previous Sales Methodology training, CRM experience, and strong customer references preferred
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how HP's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities.
- Negotiates and drives deals to ensure successful closes and high win rate.
- Broad understanding of the customer needs; applies standard as well as creative solutions to meet those needs.
- Uses client engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to propose expansive systems or service solutions to client.
- Leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Translate product knowledge into customer's added business value.
- Uses specialty knowledge to actively prospects within accounts to discover or cultivate sales opportunities.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of technical specialty -- from proposal to contract sign-off
- Ability to take a deal through the sales cycle including closing or supporting the close of a deal.
- Demonstrates high service knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service- related information with account teams and customers.
- Understand the channel and work an effective plan to increase sales with our partners.
- Regular use of Siebel updating deal profile and forecasting accurately.
- Understands services as part of strategic product sales.
- Good prioritization and delegation skills in order to focus on the key client opportunities.
- Knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Preferred certifications include: COMP TIA Certification, ITIL foundations Certification
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top