Device as a Service (DaaS) Remote Management Services Expert, Apple Devices
Are you someone interested in working in an agile start-up environment while leveraging the brand recognition, solution capabilities and global reach of one of the world's largest IT corporations? The Emerging Compute Solutions team operates in a highly dynamic landscape with a product portfolio that encompasses commercial services, analytics and machine learning, commercial mobility devices, retail point of sale devices, thin clients and workflow transformation. The business unit builds a best-in-class, multi-OS Services portfolio powered by software, cloud, analytics and machine learning as well as expert IT resources. Our services portfolio powers HP's Device as a Service (DaaS). For more info on DaaS, please visit: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/services/daas.html.
The team is seeking an experienced Level 2 / 3 remote management and support engineer within the (DaaS) Device as a Service team. Primarily responsible to support and resolve enterprise device management tool issues\questions related to VM Ware Workspace One and HP's Analytics and Proactive Management software tools. The candidate will have an understanding of remote device management methodology and apply subject matter knowledge to triage and resolve issues. Will work on issues of diverse complexity and scope; taking application issues to lowest level, prioritizing and escalate fully qualified issues when necessary. Must work across business\tool owners to resolve issues. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Possible lead and\or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives
Education and Experience Required
- University degree in Computer Science, or technical degree with IT background
- 5-7+ years' experience in hands on, relevant technologies and customer environments
- Relevant industry qualifications where necessary
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates talent to work closely with customer technical resources and management to resolve issues in accordance to service level objectives.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving capability with aptitude to grasp new technologies and tools quickly.
- Provides experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment and offers solutions to prevent problems and support incidents from reoccurring that impact endpoint device productivity.
- Ability to contribute to technical action plans as well as document and impart training on other technicians within own team or within customer's organization where applicable.
- Extensive experience with endpoint device management tools such as VM Ware Workspace One, Microsoft Intune - should have experience in all areas: enterprise deployment & installation, configuration and policy setting, patch management, troubleshooting, monitoring, documentation
- Debug issues around iOS and macOS and related technologies: DNS, DHCP, Wireless and Wired Networking, TCP IP
- Understand Software distribution, Imaging deployment Settings Management (MDM/MCX)
- Sufficient knowledge on Apple enterprise services, including APNs, App Store, Apple Software Update, DEP, VPP
- Working knowledge of device security, cyber security and overall IT security methodologies. Ability to configure end user device to have specific app deployment, VPN and security authentication protocols based on customer's IT policy. Capacity to recommend enhancements or improvements to policies based on past experience.
- Understanding of Cloud technology - Amazon Web Services
- OS experience\expertise - Windows 7, Windows 10, iOS, MacOS, Android
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model, certification a plus but not required
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top