Responsible for the design and formulation of products and processes relating to chemistry and the integration of these solutions with the larger system. Develops processes for the manufacture of products related to chemistry. Develops and recommends new process formulas and technologies to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality. Establishes operating equipment specifications and assists manufacturing operations in problem solving with regards to equipment and systems. Is familiar with the chemistry field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Designs portions of engineering solutions for chemical-based processes, technologies, and formulations for product design and manufacturing based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Implements established testing plans for chemical processes, operating equipment specifications, and chemical formulations for new and existing products
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on chemistry and chemical engineering design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other chemists and chemical engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 0-2 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with or understanding of chemistry concepts, practices, and laboratory procedures
- Understanding of basic chemistry and chemical engineering practices, including analysis, formulation design, and process development
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Back to top