Design to Value Manager
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
As Design to Value manager, you will manage a team of engineers and program managers within HP's supply chain's organization. The team is accountable for the following programs: Teardowns, Value Analysis, Should cost modeling.
- Lead the Design to Value organization.
- Manage resources, schedules, and scope for projects and programs.
- Engage peers across the various relevant functions (R&D, ID, Supply Chain, Quality) and technical leaders/executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide/influence strategic decision-making.
- Manage relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers. Ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Manage people, including hiring, goal setting, annual performance plans, coaching, and career development.
- Use subject matter expertise to guide staff on solving complex business/technical issues.
Education and experience:
- First level university degree or equivalent required.
- Advanced university degree preferred.
- 5+ years of people management experience preferred (including managing across multiple geographies).
- Experience or education in Business and/or a relevant technical expertise (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, etc).
- Experience in 'should cost modeling' or 'clean sheet' analysis is preferred.
- Experience applicable to the consumer electronics industry is not a requirement, but would be a plus.
- Consulting experience is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and management.
- Project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language.
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Relationship management skills.
- Ability to manage ambiguity. Make the best decision based on the information available.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top