Delivery Technical Consultant
Responsible for providing technical consulting and implementation services for Imaging and Printing solutions. Working within virtual teams, acts as the technical advisor for Managed Print Services customers and the single point of contact for technical matters during the rollout, ensuring that implementation is completed according to pre-defined objectives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations.
- Responsible verification of deal design verification and for implementing part or all of the Imaging/Printing technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
- Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Understands a broad spectrum of HP technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all pre-requisite activities for HP Remote Monitoring solutions are in place.
- Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives.
- Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate.
- Provides technical support, validation and input on the HP Printing solution design and pricing.
- Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement.
- Communicates across client community, and is viewed as adding value.
- Contributes to account delivery reviews and is an integral part of the HP MPS delivery team.
- Produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components or modules, etc.
- Participates in the selling process in C&I and works with sales/principals on pre- sales activities.
Education and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise.
- Has led small team in delivery of Imaging and Printing solutions.
- Possesses advanced level of business, technical, or functional knowledge.
- Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products.
- Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem.
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence.Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements.
- Owns and produces customer documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
- Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver. Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top