Deal Pricing Lead for Asia Pacific (APJ)
Deal Pricing Lead for Asia Pacific (APJ)
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies. HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as blended reality, 3D printing, multi-function printing, tablets, phablets, notebooks, mobile workstations etc.
What we are looking for
Within the Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) Sales Operations function, the Deal Pricing function is chartered to deliver increased Personal Computing and Print Systems bid win rates and profitability while maintaining optimal turnaround time on pricing requests.
We are looking for an effective leader with high business acumen and strong analytical capabilities to take ownership of:
A team of pricing analysts supporting HP end-user sales teams and partners, formalizing a deal approval request with appropriate documentation Improving deal pricing key performance metrics across various teams, including turnaround time, margin enhancement and win rate. Provide information, analysis and recommendations to improve the special pricing and deal approval process to Personal Systems and Print Category leadership Balance the responsibility of helping HP win profitable new business against the responsibility of maintaining an audit compliant domain.
- Coach, develop and manage a team of 120 members located at two hubs (Bangalore and Dalian) that work with sales across the APJ region to create pricing approval requests using HP proprietary pricing tools
- Ensure team readiness to provide pricing using pricing analytics tools (PROS) to sales and partners
- Maintain a comprehensive pricing transformation strategy in conjunction with APJ and WW subject matter experts in the Configuration Pricing & Quotation domain
- Ensure periodic reviews and improvement initiatives that drive alignment of productivity metrics on efficiency, workload, turn-around-time, and win/loss analysis with key stakeholders including product category leaders and finance.
- Work closely with in-country Sales Operations pricing analysts (who undertake profit and loss analysis to key stakeholders) for appropriate/accurate deal decision strategy
- Collaborate with region & country category and sales teams on pricing strategy through a centralized Pricing Control Tower. The control tower oversees the pricing approval processes and owns workforce management and opex budget controls across the Deal Pricing Centre.
- Support HP Global Account deals for inbound and outbound procurement activity
- Maintain audit compliant record keeping for all deal creation and exceptions
- Collaborate with APJ SO Centre of Excellence (COE) on tools and process requirements in the Configuration Pricing Quotation (CPQ) domain
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- 15-year experience in sales operations or related domains (finance/supply chain etc.)
- Proven success in development and implementation of sales and partner pricing & quoting tools and processes would be advantageous
- Strong sense of financial principles and bid management skills would be advantageous for this position
- Proven success in process development and execution in related fields
- Green or Black-belt certification in Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is desirable
- Evidence of increased responsibility in past 5-10 years including people management and impact to HP
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks seamlessly and with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills with proven experience in executive communication preparation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing environments with a high level of problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently without excessive direction
- Ability to deal with ambiguity when making quick decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels from individual contributor to senior executives
- A high level of business maturity with an ability to maintain composure in high pressure environments.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top