Data Scientist Senior Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
We are seeking an experienced and innovative Data Scientist to develop and implement solutions within the Personal Systems business unit's product and big data platform portfolio. Personal Systems Software is making big, bold and exciting moves in the data domain and we are looking for innovative thought leaders to join us on the journey.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for partnering with internal Data Science engineering teams, Product Development teams, and industry experts to develop innovative principles and solutions. The position defines and implements models to uncover patterns and predictions which create business value and innovation in the area of devices and software solutions. The candidate will operating in a complex and diverse organization, successfully turning insights into actions and value. The role will put the candidate on the forefront of Personal Systems big data initiatives and provide insight and exposure to all aspects of HP and the industry.
- Leads organization wide team or teams of other data science professionals in complex projects to mine data using modern tools and programming languages
- Develop new statistical models / machine learning techniques for hardware and software health management
- Strong experience developing AI applications in predictive maintenance, intent recognition and natural language processing
- Ensure accurate interpretation by combining business acumen with detailed data knowledge and statistical expertise.
- Works closely with machine learning experts to design, implement, tune, and optimize machine learning algorithms
- Manages and creates relationships with business partners to evaluate and foster data driven innovation, provide domain-specific expertise in cross-organization
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and overall data systems leadership to influence decisions of executive business leadership, development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Communicating business value and innovation potential through effective insights/visualizations.
- Represents the business at data science events, forums, boards.
- Prepares and presents literature, presentations, invention disclosures for peer review & publication in industry data science domain initiatives and conferences.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Master or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Natural Science, Physics or other relevant quantitative & applied field
- Strong publication track record in major deep learning conferences and journals
- 10+ years industry experience with a proven track record of leveraging statistical modeling using large amounts of data to drive significant business impact.
- Solid foundation in statistics, modeling, machine learning and deep learning (unsupervised and supervised methods; reinforcement learning a plus). Experienced in evaluating tradeoffs between model complexity and business value.
- Fluent in structured and unstructured data, its management, and modern data transformation methodologies.
- Ability to define and create complex models to pull valuable insights, predictions and innovation from data.
- Effectively and creatively tell stories and create visualizations to describe and communicate data insights.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in machine learning using tools like Caffe/TensorFlow/Scikit-learn, etc.
- Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
- Ability to write clean, efficient code. Experience developing and testing models at scale in a production environment preferred.
- Familiarity with SQL. Knowledge of Spark/Hive/Pig a plus.
- Independent research ability and passion for learning and innovating new methodologies at the intersection of applied math, statistics, and machine learning. This is a new field and a lot of the hypotheses, intuitions, and models will have to be developed from scratch.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong business acumen. Must be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses, and analytic results into actionable business and product recommendations.
- Advanced English communication skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top