Data Scientist - Pricing
- Sant Cugat del Valles, Spain
Who we are
Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere - every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us - inspires us - to do what we do. To make what we make. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze. We won't stop pushing ahead, because you won't stop pushing ahead. You're reinventing how you work. How you play. How you live. With our technology, you'll reinvent your world
What we offer
- Exciting experience with data science's and analytics' hottest topics: HP's Analytics team is covering wide range of exciting, fast-growing and business critical areas such as: Big data SKU level pricing (in a space of millions of transactions), SEM/Display optimization in the world's leading channels platforms (e.g. Google, Amazon, JD...) and predictive analytics in the area of sales management (which accounts to target, with what offer ...)
- Career building platform- HP's analytics team has a global footprint, offering many possibilities to advance one's career
- International, collaborative and dynamic team - We are a dynamic, highly skilled and diverse global team consisting of economists, consultants, marketers, statisticians, engineers, scientists and even musicians, united by the passion to create impact using technology
This position is in the Pricing Analytics Center of Excellence, where we apply economics, data science and advanced analytics to set prices optimally and maximize business outcomes. Our team's recommendations, algorithms and tools are used by HP Business Units around the world to price PCs, Printers and Supplies for consumer and commercial customers
In this position you would get the chance to
- Shape HP's future of how we set prices optimally for HP Products
- Develop and apply statistical methods and experimentation to analyze the effect of pricing and sales decisions on business performance
- Work closely with our internal business teams to share your findings and drive action with the marketplace and retailer (both online and in-store).
- Present results and recommendations to relevant stakeholders, including senior leadership
- You are interested in customer and market behaviour, as well as methods to measure and anticipate it
- You are passionate about unveiling answers to difficult questions using data and models
- You are keen to expand your knowledge in advanced analytics
- At least 4 - 6 years' working experience in data science
- Experience in optimization techniques and algorithms
- Ability to think creatively and invent original solutions to business and modelling challenges
- Proficiency with Python and/or R is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence key decision makers
- Master's or PhD degree in Quantitative Marketing, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant quantitative discipline
Bonus points for:
- Interest in pricing, economics, and consumer behavior
- Understanding of CRM and customer segmentation
- Knowledge of price optimization approaches, price discrimination models and a general knowledge of main concepts from the industrial organization literature
- Basic understanding of finance and product economics
- Experience in project and/or product management
At HP Sant Cugat (Barcelona), we have an impressive 2300+ employees, made up of 60+ different nationalities. We host 12 businesses and are the worldwide HQof the 3D Printing and the Large Format Printing businesses and the EMEA HQfor the Graphics Solutions Business. We also have the largest HP R&DLab outside of the US and a fantastic Demo center.
- A Women Network that organizes activities all year long, such as the promotion of STEM vocations among girls.
- Opportunity to work in an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world.
- Diverse internal growth and career opportunities.
- An attractive package of benefits such as private health insurance, life insurance, lunch at reduced prices at our canteen, discounts on HP products and flexible working schedule etc.
- Sports centre (indoor and outdoor); gym, squash courts, tennis courts, basketball courts and regular fitness classes such as Yoga, Pilates, etc.
- We also dedicate time and resources to contribute with our community through Corporate Volunteering activities.
HP is a $58+ billion fortune 100 company with 50,000+ employees worldwide across 170 countries. Reinventing since 1939. We are one of the leading Print and Personal Systems technology companies in the world and our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere - every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. To invent, and to reinvent.
Engineer experiences that amaze. Reinvent how you work. How you play. How you live. With our technology, you'll reinvent your world.
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!
Back to top