As Data Scientist in the Pricing Analytics team you will shape HP's future of how we set prices. We are a very dynamic, highly skilled and diverse global team consisting of economists, statisticians, engineers, scientists or even musicians, who are pushing the innovation frontier in pricing. Working with us you will combine your economic thinking, statistical modeling, experimentation and optimization methods to build complex pricing algorithms for most popular Printers and PCs in the market.
- You are passionate about unveiling answers to most difficult questions using data and models
- You have deep interests in customer and market behaviour and methods to measure and anticipate it
- You feel accomplished seeing your pricing recommendations being implemented while shopping for yourself
- You can't stop thinking about learning something new every day and enjoy being surrounded by highly talented people
- Develop and apply statistical methods and experimentation to analyze the effect of pricing and sales decisions on business performance
- Build algorithms to optimize pricing decisions and implement them in tools
- Present the results and recommendations to the relevant stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Develop and implement frameworks and processes to make your analyses and algorithms easily replicable, scalable and automated
- At least 3 years' working experience in data science using statistics including graduate or postgraduate research
- At least 2 years' experience building and interpreting complex econometric models or marketing mix models
- Proficiency with R and/or Python is required
- Master's or PhD degree in Economics, Statistics, Quantitative Marketing, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
Bonus points for:
- Interest in pricing, economics, and/or consumer behavior
- Knowledge of price optimization approaches, price discrimination models and a general knowledge of main concepts from the industrial organization literature
- Basic understanding of finance and product economics
- Experience in data engineering and/or basic software/tool development
At HP Sant Cugat (Barcelona), we have an impressive 2300+ employees with a start-up mentality, made up of 60+ different nationalities, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world.
- Diverse, continued internal growth and career opportunities. Including HP's own learning platform and LinkedIn Learning.
- An attractive benefit package:
- Health & Life insurance
- Lunch at reduced prices at our canteen/ ticket restaurant vouchers
- HP product discount
- Flex optimization program: Kindergarten tickets, transport discount
- Pension plan
- Work life balance /flexible working hours
- Love sports? Then take advantage of our sports centre (indoor and outdoor); gym, squash courts, tennis courts, basketball courts and with 25+ regular coordinated activities / sports by employees, such as HIIT
- Gaming area with HP OMEN's and Pavilion's complete gaming line upincluding Omen gaming chairs and several games both forplaying alone, online or multiplayer
- A Young employee Network (YEN) which host fun events on a regular basis; such as "beer bust" Fridays at different venues including the beach in the summertime.
- Free daily printing Happy hour - from photographs, to large posters. And Hands-onworkshopsto print with the latest technology - from wall covers to 3D printed models
Reinventing since 1939. We are one of the leading Print and Personal Systems technology companies in the world and our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Joining HP is joining an adventure to reinvent the tech world and reinvent yourself every day!
Back to top