At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That's how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
As part of a global team within Global Brand Security, this Data Analyst role will involve reporting directly to the Global Intelligence & Analytics Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing data analysis support, predominantly to the HP GFI (Global Fraud Investigations) program, across all regional teams, and will be based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We believe not only in taking our brand to the next level, but also maintaining its reputation with utmost sincerity. The Global Brand Security (GBS) team safeguards brand and market share through analytics, intelligence, investigative services and risk mitigation, therefore making it harder to steal it, fake it or fraud it. The team focuses on the major risk areas by minimizing the impact of illicit competition and business risk through world class solutions.
- Provides support to Global Brand Security on data analytics matters, including processes, systems, and tools.
- Directs and conducts high volume and often complex data analytics with little oversight.
- Delivers professionally written reports incorporating analytics findings.
- Uses information from the available systems and analytics tools to produce proactive data analytics initiatives.
- Liaises with managers, investigators, and analysts to ensure free flow of information and appropriate data/product provision.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry approaches and available technology, and develops new approaches and tools that minimize emerging security risks.
- Tailors and delivers data analytics training sessions to HP staff and contracted resources.
- First-level university degree (minimum) in mathematics, computer science, statistics, or a relative field of study or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of database types, data warehousing, data manipulation, and experience working with various computer programming languages including SQL, Brio, Hyperion, Interactive Reporting Studio, DB Visualizer.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve independently by working on complex issues and decisions.
- Able to analyze, model, and interpret large volumes of raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Expert working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access including Advanced VBA.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and respond rapidly to requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills. Proven ability to collaborate with internal and external teams globally including ensuring appropriate communications with management. Excellent written reporting skills.
- Developed organizational, time management, and planning skills. Able to work on multiple projects and activities on an ongoing basis and shift priorities as needed to meet deadlines.
- English speaker. Proficiency in another language is desirable.
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
This is to inform you that HP Inc. is registered as an administrator of personal data to the Commission for Data Protection. Some of the information that you provide voluntarily is personal information and falls under the special protection regime under the Law on Personal Data Protection. The personal data provided by you will be processed for the purposes of the selection process as well as for the realization of the legitimate interests of the data controller in respect of any future contract of employment. HP takes the responsibility to handle, use and store your personal data, ensuring its protection in secret from the third parties. We inform you and you agree that HP may provide your personal data to government, municipal institutions, banks, companies, corporate bodies and individuals, where such obligation exists under a special legal provision, where it is necessary for realization of your rights and legal interests as a participant in the selection process, and when it is necessary to realize the legitimate rights and interests of HP. HP can provide your personal information to corporate bodies and individuals who are assigned to actions and activities relating to the selection process and in respect of any future contract of employment.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top