DaaS Mgr, Business Development I
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors. Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Typically reports to MG2 or Director.
- Manages and controls activities within a single country or a sub-region which is part of a larger geographical Region.
- Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manage area(s), customer(s), or team(s) of HP employees with well-defined, limited scope, including directing daily work activities/priorities, people recruitment and development, cost management, and direction-setting within the area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor employee direct reports. May coach and mentor non- direct reports as needed. Manage FPR process for HP employees. Manage team and individual performance.
- Creates business plans aligned with broader business objectives.
- Establish individual as well as team goals and objectives focused on Revenue Growth. Monitor & report on key metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Advise management and peers on matters of importance to area(s) of responsibility. Propose/influence direction-setting.
- Create linkages with other organizations including but not limited to Marketing; Sales; Pursuit teams; Service Delivery teams etc.
- Continually builds & reinforces client's perception of HP as a credible partner with an objective of maintaining and building the business.
- Develops and champions the business justification for complex service solutions to ensure a successful engagement.
- Assigns responsibilities, provides direction, leadership, and coaching, removes barriers as needed to enable direct reports to execute their roles and achieve objectives and goals.
- Creates a working environment that is conducive to individual growth, high performance, is challenging and rewarding. Achieves diversity and other HR goals.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 8+ years in the Services or Solutions business, Sales, Business Development or Engagement.
- Established management background of high level individual contributors (leading teams).
- Advanced University degree preferable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High market knowledge. Need broad knowledge competitive market dynamics, business models, business strategies and processes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of corporate organization, culture and policies, cross functional roles and objectives.
- Skills in management of people and business relationships, knowledge in organizational design and planning, problem solving, managing individual and team productivity and dynamics, and excellent communication, and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with financial reporting tools and ability to correctly design reports and interpret their output.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and drive change across functions; highly developed program management and change management.
- Management by influence with international, multi-cultural, virtual teams.
- Influence cross-functionally and on senior management level.
- Sales & pursuit expertise around the qualification and development of new opportunities, business case development, & consultative selling.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top