DaaS Customer Solutions Technical Senior Consultant
Level 2 remote management and support engineer within the (DaaS) Device as a Service team. Primarily responsible to support and resolve enterprise device management tool issues\questions related to VM Ware Workspace One and HP's Analytics and Proactive Management software tools. The candidate will have an understanding of remote device management methodology and apply subject matter knowledge to triage and resolve issues. Will work on issues of diverse complexity and scope; taking application issues to lowest level, prioritizing and escalate fully qualified issues when necessary. Must work across business\tool owners to resolve issues. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Possible lead and\or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user's contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer- relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission- critical). .
- Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- Ability to act as a mentor and guide other employees. Ability to provide direction and guidance to process improvements.
- Ability to articulate clearly, recommend and explain resolutions /clients.
- Understand and utilize ITIL.
- Represent and lead an HP team in a face to face customer location visit, industry conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
- Partners actively with the Sales Pursuit team.
Education and Experience Required:
- First Level University degree: technical (Computer Science or IT related).
- 5-7 years experience in relevant technologies and customer environments.
- Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates talent to work closely with customer technical resources and management to resolve issues in accordance to service level objectives.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving capability with aptitude to grasp new technologies and tools quickly.
- Provides not only experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment but also leads in providing ideas and solutions to prevent problems and support incidents from reoccurring that impact customer environment and endpoint device productivity.
- Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools.
- Ability to contribute to technical action plans as well as document and impart training on other technicians within own team or within customer's organization where applicable.
- Extensive experience with endpoint device management tools (MDM, EMM) such as VM Ware Workspace One, Microsoft Intune - should have experience in all areas: enterprise deployment & installation, configuration and policy setting, patch management, troubleshooting, monitoring, documentation.
- Strong knowledge of device security, cyber security and overall IT security methodologies. PC security management for areas such as firewall and antivirus. Ability to configure end user device to have specific app deployment, VPN and security authentication protocols based on customer's IT policy. Capacity to recommend enhancements or improvements to policies based on past experience.
- Understanding and experience in policy management through tools such as Azure, Microsoft Active Directory.
- Understanding and experience in application management through tools such as SCCM, Altiris, Apple DEP, Apple VPP, etc.
- Understanding of Cloud technology - Amazon Web Services
- OS experience\expertise - Windows 7, Windows 10, iOS, MacOS, Android
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model, certification a plus but not required
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top