Cybersecurity Operations Engineer
- Assess security of existing IT infrastructure against HP Cybersecurity policies and/or industry best practices.
- Manages HP's vulnerability assessment processes. Defines metrics to quantify risks. Develops/tunes scan/audit policies. Runs complex analyses on vulnerabilities and security issues, and uses in-depth research to drive HP's remediation process.
- Detects vulnerabilities in existing on-premises technologies, but with a focus in go-forward environment such as public cloud IaaS/PaaS services – AWS, Azure, etc.
- Evaluates security-relevant infrastructure services such as Active Directory, Web Proxies, Firewalls, etc. against HP policy and industry best practices.
- Recommends improvement to HP's security policies based on observed deficiencies.
- Evaluates network/firewall change requests vs. HP policies and industry best practices.
- Combines industry expertise with a thorough understanding of information and security technology to direct development of remediation or mitigation plans.
- Recommends and coordinates the development, enhancement, organization, and maintenance of HP's security assessment solutions and processes.
- Acts as an extended part of the Incident Monitoring and Response team when required.
- Develops and maintains internal Cybersecurity tools and solutions.
- Demonstrates advanced capabilities to develop custom programs, scripts, etc. enhancing off-the-shelf products or established tools.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- In-depth general Cyber and IT security knowledge
- In-depth understanding of Cyber and IT security risks, threats and prevention measures
- In-depth security system analysis skills
- In-depth understanding of security standards and best practices
- In-depth risk assessment and management skills
- In-depth understanding of networking and network security
- In-depth understanding of network monitoring and protocols
- In-depth understanding off-the-shelf vulnerability assessment products and tools (Qualys, Nessus, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of attacker techniques and related countermeasures.
- In-depth understanding of network security devices (firewalls, proxies, NIDS/NIPS, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of platform and application-layer penetration testing techniques.
- Proficient in relevant programming and scripting languages
- Must have previous experience working in public cloud environments such as AWS and Azure.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and rationalization skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or related area of study or equivalent experience required.
- Technical Cyber Security Certification through one of the recognized bodies preferred: SANS, ISACA, (ICS)2, CompTIA, Cisco, CERT etc.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top