Cyber Security Engineer
HP Inc. Cyber Security Engineer
The successful candidate for this position will work to design, build, and deploy cyber security solutions. The candidate will take a hands on approach to developing the software, tools, and procedures. Key responsibilities include:
- Engineer, develop and maintain home-grown security solutions
- Collaborate with other cyber security engineers and architects on major initiatives
- Publish and maintain technical documentation
- Be a strong team contributor who provides ideas and improvements to service offerings
- Be able to utilize common developer support tools such as source code management, build servers, code review/scans and DevOps
Education and Experience Required:
Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
Advanced degree preferred; i.e. MBA or MS
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong understanding of security fundamentals and technologies
- Strong DevOps experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure platforms
- Programming or software development experience
- In-depth knowledge of Cryptographic concepts, including PKI, hashing and digital signatures would be a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Uncompromising personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and rationalization skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Security professional certifications preferred (such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, SANS/GIAC, CERT)
- Technology industry experience.
- First-hand experience being employed as a security practitioner.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top