Customer Support Engineer
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
If you are our Customer Support Engineer in Auckland, you will join a friendly and dynamic team and have the opportunity to:-
- Provide our customers with break-fix reactive support for desktop, notebook and print products
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on Customer equipment (hardware only) working primarily on site
- Perform maintenance, and repairs on Customer equipment
- Configure system hardware, software and network components
- Assist the customer with ongoing product training on device features and best practices during routine preventative maintenance or break/fix engagements.
- Manage multiple customer accounts in Windows NT or Linux support., along with driver applications.
- Gather data from known resources and solve moderately complex problems.
- Maintain a high level of Customer satisfaction by understanding Customer needs and ensuring that they are met.
- Escalate issues according to established procedures.
- Follow established procedures after completing Customer call.
- Learn new technologies.
- Share knowledge and experience with others.
- Solve well-defined and moderately complex problems using established policies and technical principles.
- Identify Customer needs and evaluate opportunities to retain and increase service levels.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:-
- Experience in a desktop and/or notebook break fix environment (Print experience desired but not required)
- 5 plus years' experience in customer service/support role
- Ability to translate technical jargon into plain language
- Good general knowledge of IT hardware technical standards and technical trouble shooting processes.
- Proven hardware troubleshooting experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Hardware repair experience
- High level of windows troubleshooting experience (Win7, Win8, Win 10, Win10 mobile)
- Ability to learn new products – ongoing training provided
- Can do attitude
- Good team player
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Full clean New Zealand driver's license
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top