Customer Services Country Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Responsible for the overall business success of a large and diverse set of service products or solutions, technologies, and/or business segments that represents a sizeable portion of the overall business.
- Defines strategic direction and plans for service business, monitors business performance and implements corrections as well as cost reductions and incremental growth actions.
- Manages and monitors performance of product and service business metrics (e.g., attach, penetration, revenue, TCE); delivers recovery or action plans for exception issues.
- Creating and foster a mutually beneficial relationship with Product Business Groups, Alliance partners, Services functional and support teams, and Regional Business Development Manager, Sales, Solution Partners Organization, and delivery functions Leads key initiatives on behalf of functional and senior management.
- Provides thought leadership and program management for initiatives that significantly change the business portfolio, selling motions, competitive advantages, and/or business models.
- Assigns responsibilities, provides direction, leadership, and coaching, removes barriers as needed to enable direct reports to execute their roles and achieve objectives and goals.
- Creates a working environment that is conducive to individual growth, high performance, is challenging and rewarding.
- Achieves diversity and other HR goals.
- Acts as mentor to individual contributors in other teams and for Manager I level May participate in initiatives to improve effective development and utilization of HP human capital (e.g. develop rotational programs, re-skilling programs, etc,) .
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 12+ years to demonstrate mastery of Service Business Management.
- Established management background of high level individual contributors (people management).
- Typically first level and advanced level university degree .
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent market knowledge.
- Need broad knowledge competitive market dynamics, business models, business strategies and processes.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of corporate organization and policies, and cross functional roles and objectives.
- Strong skills in management of people and business relationships, knowledge in organizational design and planning, problem solving, managing individual and team productivity and dynamics, and excellent communication, and negotiation and influencing skills in cross-functional teams .
- Must have a solid understanding of business management principles, financial expertise and strategic planning methods .
- Recognized as authority in their area of expertise. Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and drive change across functions. Very strong leadership, people and business management skills.
- More frequent influence at cross-functionally and on executive level.
Back to top