Customer Operations Manager with German Skills
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors. Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Typically reports to Manager 2 or Director.
- Manages and controls activities within a single country or a sub-region which is part of a larger geographical Region.
- Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manages internal team organizational development effort (e.g., structuring and building teams, developing standard operating procedures and policies) in addition to performance management duties.
- Holds ultimate responsibility for the operational performance of the team, ensuring that service levels are met and key process metrics are under control.
- Represents the team and negotiates with senior management for the team (e.g., during business planning or business reporting meetings).
- May be responsible for managing team budget.
- Communicates with both internal and external customers at the senior management level.
- Resolves customer issues with the highest level of complexity that have been escalated by individual contributors and supervisors, focusing on "top-tier" customers.
- Presents highly complex internal operational issues (e.g., opportunities to improve current processes) to senior management and drives implementation of solutions..
- Understands and can present country- or region-specific business issues to senior leadership to work towards solutions.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree, preferably in business, economics, or other applicable fields; may have advanced university degree (e.g., MBA).
- Typically 8+ years of experience, preferably in supply chain, customer service, procurement, or financial management.
- Typically 1-2 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills with ability to convey high impact messages clearly (verbal, written and presentation) to peers and senior management within and outside of HP and to local stakeholders across functions (e.g., HP levels Manager II and Director).
- Mastery in English and German
- Excellent understanding of internal operational issues (e.g., opportunities to improve current processes).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the end-to-end process of sales operations, change management, business planning and the organization's capabilities.
- Advanced, in-depth knowledge of local legal compliance issues.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Strong people management skills i.e. attracting, retaining and developing a talented workforce incl. goal setting and performance management.
- Strong ability to lead teams and individuals through change.
- Ability to understand and interpret customer needs and translate them into workable procedures and activities.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to plan and structure multiple operational activities to achieve a superior customer/partner experience.
- Solid understanding of the company's business and budget planning cycle.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top