Customer Experience Data Scientist/ CEPS CX Strategy
HP's Customer Experience & Portfolio Strategy (CEPS) group delivers exceptional experiences to consumers and commercial users upon HP personal system products. We are driving personal computing in new directions with a focus on customers and quality. Our group enables innovative consumer electronics features and experiences that others have not identified. We think ahead, inquire, analyze, strategize and make it happen.
Driving great customer experiences requires deep insights into customer delighters as well as detractors of HP products. We are currently in search of a Customer Experience Data Scientist that will develop models that will help charter the course of future HP products. The right candidate will have a mathematics and statistics background. The candidate will also be proficient in developing computer models and have experience utilizing tools to be self-sufficient in taking disparate data and creating models that support strategic direction. You are not reporting the data rather you are uncovering blind spots that drive exceptional user experiences.
As a Customer Experience Data Scientist, you will work with HP Product Owners and Data Analysts to understand which questions, if answered, would provide the highest customer benefit. You will use customer feedback, industry/analyst research, product sales statistics, competitor data, performance data, component specifications and demographic data to generate insights that are actionable and drive quantifiable results. Your role will transcend hardware design, software optimization, and service experiences necessary to improve customer loyalty. Your ability to take on open-ended questions and then independently determine how to best answer them using data will be in full use.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at HP. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Responsibilities & Performance Profile
- Think like the customer. Become aware of the environment the product will be used, the use cases and outcomes that the customer desires to achieve.
- Work with HP business partner stakeholders to understand what are some of the most challenging blind spots that they have within their product portfolio
- Develop concepts that communicate how to provide insights
- Validate concepts with stakeholders to ensure that the output will meet the business need
- Develop working prototype models to test concepts
- Implement full scale analysis and produce insights
- Work with teams to automate models that enable HP stakeholders to perform on-demand insights
- Present your findings to key stakeholders and executive leadership
- Degree in Advanced Mathematics and/or Statistics or similar Data Science curriculum
- Graduate degree or commensurate
- Demonstrable examples of projects where you discovered blind spots using multiple data sources
- Examples of working with teams to collaborate to achieve a common result
- A desire to help revolutionize the future of HP products
- Work location will be at HP's Palo Alto or San Diego, CA office
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top