Credit Manager Germany, Austria and France
HP is a fortune 100 company, the market leader in commercial personal systems and printing, driving innovation that empowers people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies such as 3D printing, immersive computing, hyper mobility, Internet of all things and smart machines.
Our Credit and Collections team is growing quality of impact! If you are passionate about new ideas and solutions – Join us to embark on a diverse and exciting career path in a dynamic, high-tech environment. Our teams are creative and friendly, providing a wide range of services at HP.
What will your role be?
As a Credit Manager you will be responsible for high-risk accounts or situations respective security instruments have to be applied, reviewed and renewed. By building close relationship to the management level of HP´s customers but also key HP internal stakeholders in our business unit sales, business unit finance as well as operations teams the credit manager does always have a detailed overview on the risk of the credit portfolio but as well about any sales and project opportunities HP is performing and planning within the countries of responsibility. The Credit Manager is the first contact into the Credit & Collections department for any general requests coming from HP internal stakeholders or customers and may coordinate the C&C departments answer. A high focus is also given on the coordination of respective activity to optimize the collections performance of HP for the given countries including the organization of calls with stakeholders, reporting, analysis and interpretation of key performance figures and the management of escalations.
What will your day consist of?
- You will be using financial statements to independently determine the financial condition of HP partners and customers and decide upon credit limit recommendations for medium monetary value
- You will be resolving credit issues independently and occasionally may present credit recommendations to management
- You will negotiate down payments with customers and HP sales staff or request proper risk mitigation instruments (bank guarantees, SBLCs, etc.) to allow customers to purchase above their authorized credit limit
- You will analyze and research customer's receivables account delinquency and determines the type of communication method to facilitate payment.
- You will recognize trends for non- payment and resolve the issues by engaging internal partners at all levels
- You will initiate and assist internal HP partners in the dispute resolution process by engaging with the delinquent accounts in order to negotiate and ensure payments
- You will analyze at-risk customers and partners and recommend account strategies to prevent delinquencies
- You will lead and/or participate in business enhancement projects across geographies
Who are we looking for?
- A strong collaborator with :
- Ability to build relationship across teams and cultures
- Leader attitude with strong influencing skills
- A unique voice and a talent to challenge status quo processes and drive improvement projects
- An independent result-oriented professional with
- Drive & a creative power to meet continuous challenges of the role
- Proven problem-solving skills
- An excellent Credit analyst with
- First degree preferably in Finance and/or Business
- Advanced understanding of credit & collection processes and tools, financial and accounting principles
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Typically 4-6 years of experience in credit and collections or finance
- Advanced English level and fluency (additional European language would be a plus)
- Good computer literacy, curious to work with various technical tools to gain efficiencies
How will we help your personal and professional development?
- We don't label you or your performance we look to help you grow your unique potential
- Special annual Finance Days dedicated to innovation in the profession, directly hearing from our Chief Finance Officer and other key executives
- Skill Champions Development program lead by passionate team members to help you learn while they learn from you as well
- Talent management program and Learn2Lead training workshops to accelerate high-potentials career development
- New disruptive technology introductions sessions
We love our work environment. We think you will too:
- It's a friendly atmosphere with supportive leaders to bring your creativity to max
- Work-life balance support including flex-time arrangements and work from home opportunities
- Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to help you make an impact to communities at large
Your additional benefits package:
- Medical services subscription
- 24 paid holidays
- Lunch tickets
- Other flexible benefits (Medical services for family, Dental Plan, Fitness Programs, Kindergarten)
- Wellness program, Multisport card and free coffee, tea and fruits
- Vendors discount program (Restaurants, cinema, clothing, and other).
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top