Credit & Collections Hub Manager
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manages employees and teams of employees up through the Manager 1 level, by setting and monitoring performance goals and objectives, allocating resources and staff, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of credit decisions and collection issue resolutions.
- Ensures that metrics for individuals are aligned with corporate objectives and identifies talent to develop.
- Dialogues with employees (up to executive level) at other internal organizations to resolve issues, particularly the issues that are causing non-payment.
- Negotiates with high value and high risk customers (up to partner and upper level management) regarding contracts and payment structures or to collect customer payments.
- Resolves issues with high value and high risk customers.
- Proposes and implements structural changes for the organization that will make it more efficient.
- Authorizes high-value write-off and credit grants.
- Represents credit job family across organizations internally and externally.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree in business preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience in a credit or collection function.
- Typically 5+ years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Content master in the field of credit or collection with a strong systematic knowledge of accounting principles and internal processes and standards.
- Excellent team management and people development skills.
- Excellent and in-depth understanding of credit, finance, and risk mitigation tools.
- Superior negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Superior project management skills.
- Superior ability to plan and prioritize.
- In-depth knowledge of economic and political environment.
- Excellent conflict management skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top