Credit & Collection Analyst - Federal Government
This position will be responsible for end to end collection management of a very critical and complex Government portfolio reporting to the Federal Collection Manager.
- Research and reconcile customer accounts using multiple systems and tools, i.e. knowledge of SAP, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Regularly communicates with customer to ensure timely payment of invoices and resolution of disputes
- Monitors and maintains A/R while providing support to the internal and external HP partners and customers
- Regularly updates Collections Manager and Credit Analyst to ensure visibility is maintained in regards to potential risk, i.e. past dues, pay trend, settlements
- Maintain professional and timely communication with internal and external customers (preferably same day response)
- Effectively communicates and escalates delinquent receivables and disputes to customers, internal partners, and/or management
- Identifies, negotiates and implements payment solutions with customers while adhering to HP policies and procedures
- Negotiates and prepares settlement agreements by working with internal and external partners
- Minimizes bad debt through early identification of receivables "at risk"
- Ensure that internal requirements are completed accurately and timely, i.e. accruals, write-offs, monthly BFT's
- Review and follow policies and procedures to ensure audit compliance, i.e. Global Credit Policy, Americas Collections Processes, Sarbanes Oxley
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics
- Typically 5 or more years of experience in collection, strongly preferred experience with federal government collection
- Due to Federal requirement individuals performing Collection activity for Government portfolios must be a US Citizen.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate written and verbal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Intermediate accounting knowledge.
- Intermediate problem solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Intermediate prioritization skills.
- Basic understanding of risk mitigation tools.
- Intermediate understanding of HP's order management process.
- Intermediate understanding of HP's dispute management process.
- Intermediate understanding of collection processes and financial concepts.
- Intermediate influence skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top