Country Marketing Director - India
In 2015 HP Inc was reborn, now, the world's biggest tech startup. Building off its Silicon Valley legacy, HP Inc is on a journey of reinvention to make technology better for everyone, everywhere through engineering experiences that amaze.
We are looking for a world class marketing leader and business person in New Delhi, India to head up our PC and Printing business. You will be responsible for both Consumer and Commercial segments, reporting to the Head of Marketing for Asia.
The ideal candidate will passionately lead change efforts, play an active role in shaping HP Inc's profile in India, embrace and respond to the evolving customer journey, manage complexity and build new capabilities in an accelerating pace of change and create amazing.
A skilled strategist, you have passion and a deep understanding of the brand and customer. Your exceptional creative instinct and ability to take strategy through to execution, has helped you earn a great track record of designing and creating disruptive, winning campaigns that inspire and excite customers, ultimately driving customers down the purchase funnel and delivering business results.
You bring top notch marketing experience to the table, ideally having worked a few years at a major international brand or two, perhaps from another part of the world, you'll be able to demonstrate how you've led teams to deliver breakthrough end-to-end marketing, translating insights to brilliant execution.
Imagine the future
You will be responsible for the strategic direction of HP brand marketing and communications activities, metrics and measurement, managing priorities and execution of workflow across India.
A proven track record of driving innovative and transformative marketing programs within a global, matrixed environment, combined with an entrepreneurial mind-set to drive focus and impact amidst varying degrees of ambiguity will enable you to propel the HP brand and business to new heights.
You are a game changer, a risk taker, inspired to challenge paradigms and creative boundaries – walking every step of the way in your customers' shoes, you are curious, staying on top of the ever changing dynamics of customer behavior and marketing/media dynamics; tweaking, testing, piloting, measuring and optimizing the both the new and the tried and tested.
You are a pragmatic crisis solver - always finding a way to "get it done".
Inspire the team
As a manager who is passionate and committed to win, you'll continue to grow a winning culture of a cross functional team of direct and indirect reports.
In addition to your day to day marketing responsibilities, you'll also be the go-to marketing person for the India Managing Director, sitting on the country Executive leadership team. You'll need to be a thought builder, on top of the business, reporting regularly to a wide range of stakeholders and engaging in significant interaction with executive-level staff.
Make it happen
With your hands-on experience in matrix, global organizations, your capacity to operate at both a strategic and operational level and your skill set and experience to deliver breakthrough end to end initiatives, you can move at the speed of business with a clear ability to map marketing value back to organizational stakeholders and proactively action areas of opportunity.
Ideally, a Global citizen, you'll be a master of digital/social marketing with proven success of leading and ideating social/mobile projects via key platforms. Your passion to innovate and design marketing strategies and plans delivering to the right audience at the right time, will require you to be on top of local competitive, marketing, technology and industry dynamics. Your robust strategic knowledge provides you with the experience to take on the role as brand steward and guardian across India region.
A great networker and partner, you'll have to establish and maintain key vendor partnerships (Alliance partners, Agency, Media tech vendors).
What do you need to win in this role?
- You need to be a self-starter that requires little direction, with the energy, passion to win and resilience to work in a large start up.
- You should be a strategic thinker that's comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty.
- An entrepreneurial mindset is crucial in this role--you will be analyzing data, testing, iterating and creating best practices at lightning speed in order to move the needle on your market.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to fix, tweak and optimize processes
- Media savvy with an in-depth knowledge of programmatic, mobile and digital
- Master of digital and social by way of directly leading and ideating social/mobile projects as well as being personally digitally savvy/heavy user of Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Linked in, etc
- Optimize every marketing dollar.
- Strong Leader, who can work across a diverse set of teams an well as senior leadership
- Pragmatic approach to managing crises - someone who always finds a way to "get it done".
- A global citizen of the world, having worked and lived in key markets, whether in global, regional or country roles.
- Manage and work collaboratively with agencies and internal partners to deliver breakthrough integrated initiatives, including everything from TV through to retail.
- Hands-on, with experience in matrix, global organizations, capacity to operate at strategic and operational level and report to multiple bosses.
- Can demonstrate real examples of great work done in the past, campaigns, NPI, etc.
- Business Degree in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years in a leadership position
- 12 + years well rounded marketing experience
- Good command of the English language
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top