Cost Management Lead
HP Inc. PSGO Supply Chain Operations team is looking for a Senior Level Individual Contributor who is Accountable, Hard Charging, with excellent decision making skills to join our team as a Cost Management Lead focusing on all PC Businesses (Notebook, Desktop, All-In-One, Workstation, Mobility and Wearables). In this role you get to work across teams from an End to End Value Chain within Personal Systems Group: dealing directly with ID, Suppliers/ODMs/OEMs, Sales Operations, NPI, Marketing and R&D engineering, and TCE/Q.
- CREATIVITY: understand the possibilities of Mechanical designs in the context of build complexity on the pieces and the machineries that are used
- COMMUNICATION: the ability to "speak the lingo" with ID Team members on topics related to PC Mechanical features to enable a successful cost vs. feature analysis
- PROBLEM-SOLVING: the ability to take ID discoveries and translate into a viable Sourcing Strategy that balances cost vs. feature in support of HP's overall market growth strategy
Be Accountable for the below areas:
- Define and drive a successful engagement model between Supply Chain and ID
- Define and drive the Mechanical Sourcing Strategy in a collaborative effort with ID
- Lead RFI/RFQ activities on Mechanical Parts and socialize results with ID
- Be the focal point and SME for Supply Chain on Mechanical Parts for all PC Businesses, e.g. Notebook, Desktop, Workstation, Mobility, Wearables etc
- Own the design, and construction of a Database to manage critical data elements
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Fluent in English and Mandarin – capturing/translating of technical data/info between the two languages without the loss of its meaning
- Strong Engineering Background in Mechanicals for PC Products; interpret blueprints - technical drawings - schematics, and how parts are designed – fabricated - manufactured
- Strong negotiation skills to create best in class cost model within the Mechanical space for current and future technologies
- Strong financial acumen accompanied by excellent Excel skills to translate Technical Information/Numbers into actionable activities that can be understood by the Executives
- Strong leadership skills including team-building and conflict resolution and management
- Strong project management skills, with capability to manage cross functional teams in multiple geographies.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology: Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Typically 10-15 years of experience in PC engineering and/or procurement.
- Successful in Leadership Roles
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top