Corporate Real Estate Portfolio Strategy Manager
Do you consider yourself a change agent and want to be part of a high performance team? Are you looking for an opportunity to drive transformation in a dynamic environment? HP's Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Services (CREWS) group is seeking a Portfolio Strategy Manager for the Americas (AMS) region to lead strategic programmatic/project initiatives and real estate transactions within a region.
CREWS manages all of HP's global real estate assets and is responsible for planning and managing the real estate portfolio and for delivering a workplace experience that fosters HP culture of innovation and reinvention. The role is key in initiating and managing the strategic planning process by which alternative supply scenarios are developed and evaluated for business review, funding and implementation. We are looking for a candidate, under management approval, that can execute space strategy by coordinating activities across CREWS and managing the outsourced process to acquire or dispose of space via purchase, sale, lease or license agreement.
He/she will work cross functionally with a global team and report directly to the Head of Portfolio Strategy, Planning & Transactions.
As a key member of the Portfolio Strategy and Planning team, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving portfolio strategy in the Americas region in collaboration with functional leaders, Client Relationship Managers (CRM), outsourced service provider(s,) HR Workforce Planning, and Business Unit (BU) stakeholders.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Leading Regional strategic planning activities, including but not limited to capacity planning and optimization efforts, transaction specification development, project definition (charters, scopes-of-work) and workforce and workforce impact assessments
- Collaborating with Customer Relationship Managers to translate Business Unit needs, drivers, and demands into metro or site-level space supply scenarios
- Managing critical lease dates and leasing activities to ensure adequate capacity and capability is maintained
- Leading business case development and presentation to summarize supply scenario options and guide decision making using financial and non-financial information and performance metrics
- Managing Service Provider performance through use of SLAs and KPIs
- Overseeing purchase, sale or lease agreement negotiations conducted by Transaction Managers, Legal, Tax, and Treasury
- Ensuring compliance with corporate policies in work activities, such as identifying and mitigating potential conflicts of interest and adhering to any governmental or jurisdictional agency requirements or processes
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor Degree; Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of corporate real estate experience: 7+ years in a strategic portfolio planning, of which 3+ years must have been in support of a global or international portfolio
- Experience with scenario modelling in mobile and alternative work-based environments
- Experience working with/in multiple markets or regions, preferably with exposure to International markets
- Expert verbal communication and negotiation skills; Bilingual with business-proficient English and Spanish language skills, both written and conversational, preferred
- Expert written and visual communication skills including formal storyboarding and advanced presentation development (i.e. PowerPoint) capabilities
- Superior analytical skills, with the ability to isolate factors/elements critical for informed decision-making
- Financial acumen and data modeling skills including advanced Excel
- Strong project management skills
- Awareness of legal implication for market planning, workforce distribution and transaction execution
- Strategic sourcing / vendor performance management skills
- Possible for travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top