Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Services Employee Communications Lead
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The CREWS Employee Communications Lead is a senior communications professional with a keen eye for delivering communications that are compelling, easy to understand, aligned with our business, and inspire employees to deliver in the HP Way.
Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Services (CREWS) is responsible for building and maintaining innovative, safe, and sustainable work environments for HP employees where collaboration is fostered, and creativity is inspired.
This role collaborates with stakeholders to shape, validate, and deliver integrated experiences that unleash employees' energy and potential throughout their HP journeys-ultimately driving business success. This role consults with business units and functional teams including who deliver services and experiences to employees. With this insight, we can represent all of HP with the right mix of consistency and local flavor.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills. Exceptional ability to influence, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the proven experience to drive global, cross-functional team projects.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Creates and executes communications plans that align to company strategy and culture. Equally adept at both strategic and tactical aspects of communication, including measurement.
- Takes a big-picture perspective, with the ability to link programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience and help shape the culture.
- Keeps employees at the center to ensure communications are relevant and accessible, testing messages and using employees' perspectives to improve the outcomes.
- Create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee engagement and adoption.
- Aptitude in editing and/or creating a variety of messages to employees within the CREWS' diverse portfolio/scope.
- Surface obstacles and risks that jeopardize change initiatives and adoption, and devise solutions to mitigate/resolve.
- Provide change expertise to senior leaders, helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor/leader, promote accountability & adoption and drive the focus required to enable systematic organizational change.
- Connect with our team leads, project managers and stakeholders to listen and collect feedback and information to develop relevant and timely communications and change management into their programs.
- Serves as a trusted adviser on business initiatives, whether routine, sensitive, or confidential.
- Help global, cross-functional team connect the dots across functions and regions.
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
This job might be for you if ...
- You take a thoughtful approach to storytelling and have a deep understanding of how to connect people to ideas in a way that engages them.
- You love to work with people and help connect the dots, so that teams can work together toward one solution.
- You love building global strategies and approaches, but you have just as much fun delivering the programs.
- Ambiguity doesn't bother you. You see it as an opportunity to create and take ownership.
- You are equally invested in the success of others.
- You quickly establish trusting relationships that enable you to give feedback and coach others.
- You think ahead and can knock down obstacles along the way and getting stuff done.
- You have excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, negotiation, verbal and written communication skills, as well as tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- You are an excellent listener and an amazing ability to decipher and distill large amounts of information into a salient, succinct and compelling summary.
Lastly, you need to have experience ...
- Developing programs that engage and motivate employees
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with a proven record of developing and implementing effective employee communication and change management strategies
- Working in process-oriented environments, enabling teams for success, and helping to marshal projects to stated goals.
Reporting and management line
This role reports to the Communications and Employee Engagement Manager and leads others primarily through influence.
With six to 10 years of combined experience in corporate communications and/or employee communication roles, this individual demonstrates:
• Passion for employee communications and the overall employee experience.
• Deep knowledge of employee communications strategy, tools, and vehicles.
• An ability to write and edit in a variety of styles and formats in a way that is engaging, clear, grammatically correct, and actionable.
• An understanding of best practices in building internal social communities.
• Effectiveness at working in a cross-functional, team-based environment with stakeholders and influencers across different levels and areas of responsibility.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to lead through influence.
• Excellence in process development and systems thinking.
• Experience in managing change, preferably including communications for mergers and acquisitions and organizational changes.
• Business acumen and understanding of global public technology companies.
• A desire to bring creativity, curiosity, and innovative thinking to everything they do.
• Flexibility, a sense of humor, and adaptability to change.
• An ability and willingness to work in virtual teams across the globe.
• Advanced knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint. Adobe Creative Suite would be preferred but not required.
Back to top