Corporate Print District Sales Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Focus is on managed print services and solutions to Fortune 1000 accounts. 75% travel within North Central U.S.: Illinois, Dakota's, Minn, Mo, Iowa, Kansas, Neb., company car included.
Location preferred to be Metro Chicago but will consider other areas in territory for right candidate.
Applicants to have expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt, individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for large multi- location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
Managing the Business
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 6-10 or more direct reports.
- Sales coverage- Builds well targeted business plans and strategies for allocating resources and driving sales activities to achieve margin; collaborates within HP and with the field to prioritize, facilitate and direct the use of resources.
- Account Planning- Assists in planning sales strategy; manages the internal processes in support of sales reps and selling activities; aligns tactical account plans with overall corporate strategy; actively develops and manages geography business plans to meet revenue goals/quotas; develops plans that articulate the strategies/requirements essential for focusing sales activities, forecasts accurately and communicates sales progress; actively manages and signs off on account business plans through scheduled reviews and updates.
- Pipeline management- Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long term opportunities; manages the size, shape and quality of pipeline; analyzes overall win rates and win/loss ratios.
- Deal management- Reviews deals to ensure soundness and problem-free processing by HP back-end operations; Monitors the number of deals with TAS plan reviewed by managers.
- Business acumen- Exhibits base level of business, financial and legal acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations; continuously monitors and improves area-of-control operations to ensure alignment with HPs business direction, the quality of business practices and optimum organization performance.
- Strategic sales planning & implementation- Orchestrates the development of strategic sales plans that reflect HP's business strategy, to advance market share/penetration, and achieve profitable growth.
- Competitive Positioning/Strategy- Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions.
Leading & Managing Sales People
- Coaching & Performance Management- Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of individuals through selling challenges; manages performance and results of high and low performers.
- Leadership- Models effective selling skills; motivates and supports sales teams in selling; demonstrates a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals.
- People development- Nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain HP sales force excellence within area of control; sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force.
- Change management- Ability to work through an environment of change and effectively lead a sales team through transitions beyond their control.
Selling as a Sales Manager
- Focus on strategic direction- Understands the overall HP/TSG strategic direction and portfolio, and can assist sales teams in customizing solutions based on client needs.
- C-level partnering- Contributes to enduring executive relationships at the highest levels of the client's organization; personally interacts with executives; establishes professional relationships and credibility with key IT and business executives in support of other established relationships with the client.
- Consultative selling- Strategizes and coaches team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for HP; prepares for client calls in partnership with sales teams and supports the efforts of the team during client meetings; ensures sales teams have access to other HP resources and encourages them to nurture relationships with client influencers and decision makers.
- Industry and client knowledge- Stays current with industry and competitive research and information to enable rich client dialogue; maintains an understanding of client business challenges, industry trends and markets; demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge to position and map HP capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
Education and Experience Required:
- Directly related management experience in a similar or other highly technical industry and work results including success in achieving progressively higher quota or other sales related goals.
- Demonstrated level of project management skills.
- University or Bachelor's degree.
- Typically 7+ years experience in sales and with first line sales management experience
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top