Copier Competitive Insights & Response Lead
The formation of the A3 business unit was the result of a need to formalize HP Inc's strategic intent to grow its presence in the A3 market. Today HP maintains a small share of the A3 business worldwide and most, if not all, of that business is through a transactional business model. As one of the few key growth opportunities the A3 business is charged with an aggressive growth plan focusing on the contractual business model and RTM.
While HP's A3 business is ~$1B in systems revenue today, this will need to grow considerably over the next 3-5 years and primarily through an expansion of the contractual RTMs. Today HP has a solid foundation of driving A3 business through our dMPS (Direct Managed Print Services) route to market and the growing pMPS (Partner Managed Print Services) motion, there is a need to grow those two segments faster and in addition effectively enable the cMPS (Channel Managed Print Service) route to market.
The last area is key as we have not had great success working with partners whose business model is contractual. Our task will be to establish a GTM structure and operating model that enables HP to grow this business profitably in the face of stiff competition.
Unlike previous attempts to grow this business in the past, we are in the best position we have ever been previously. We have a full product portfolio, with PageWide technology as the disruptive element that will make color printing pervasive in the historically mono centric office printing space. We are also bringing an intuitive and predictive system to manage those devices to deliver the best serviceability experience in the industry. Lastly, we are bringing cutting edge solutions to differentiate our offering and deliver real value to customers. The most compelling of those solutions is our security suite that address one of the greatest business threats to private and public sector customers today.
So if you are looking for a true opportunity to change a market, drive a transformation and lead the way to HP's future success this is the place for your next career step.
The role of the Competitive Insights & Response Lead is to manage the development of key competitive insights with the intent of taking those insights and developing key business strategies and tactics to respond in market to the various competitive threats and or opportunities. By Establishing these competitive insights and response capabilities and associated actions, this individual will build a comprehensive system that will feed into the broader A3 business efforts. This role will partner closely with other competitive teams in the print organization to integrate key product and supplies insights but will be identify key GTM competitive insights focusing on partner coverage and capabilities, vendor program offerings & competitive price/deal benchmarking.
In addition to building out A3 contractual GTM insights ecosystem, this role will need to develop key programs for responding to competitive threats and determine what competitive tools need to be developed to support sales teams as they sell into contractual partners.
- Main Linkages
- Region GTM teams
- A3 Finance team
- WW Marketing teams
- Region Sales teams
- R&D teams
- Product Management teams
- External Vendors & Service Providers
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree in Engineering / Marketing / Business Studies
- Excellent Marketing knowledge
- Excellent analysis skills and ability to synthesize information into true business insights
- Excellent communication skills
- Good teamwork skills.
- Skills include negotiation, communication, ability to influence others, risk taker, problem solver, and project mgmt skills
- Strong presenter and communicator to senior management & other business partners both internally and externally
- Fluency in English
Knowledge of some of the following techniques would be advantageous:
- Basic Marketing models, 4 P's,
- Competitive Positioning
- Analyzing Market opportunities
- Developing Marketing strategies
- Market Segmentation
- Market research methodologies
Education and Experience Required:
- Business Analyst (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Marketing or related field; Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- 10+ years marketing experience, including offering marketing, segment marketing, partner marketing, market research and customer database/ analytics
- Agency, sales and/or channel experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Acknowledged mastery of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools
- Highly knowledgeable on all aspects of offering, segment, partner and account-based marketing
- Ability to manage advertising/direct marketing/ research vendors
- In-depth understanding of the industry, offering categories and company offerings/ strategy
- Strong project and budget management skills
- Excellent written/oral communications
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build, manage and influence virtual teams
- Exceptional negotiating skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines, both within and outside the company.
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills
- Conflict-resolution skills
Keywords - pricing, rebate, Channel Manager, scanner, photo copy
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top