Co-op Business Analyst, Third Year
HP has a co-op opportunity for students enrolled in a four-year university Bachelor program. This is ideal for someone enrolled in a formal post secondary co-op program and is receiving post secondary credit for their work experience.
The CO-OP student would be responsible for working with the account and category managers in Commercial, on Competitive Market Analysis (heat mapping), Market Share simulations, promotional return on investment (ROI) and trending. Special reporting and projects will be required on an "as needed" basis. This will require extracting and analyzing data in order to formulate into meaningful recommendations for the businesses supported.
- Tackle special projects, that will allow you to apply your learned skills in statistical and financial modelling.
- Extract data from in house data bases, with the goal of analyzing results quickly on an ad hoc basis for special purposes.
- Preparing in depth ROI reviews of pricing, promotions or other marketing programs and present to the business in a way that is useful.
- Collaborate positively with managers, peers, mentor and other students in a team structured approach. On occasion, may accompany account managers on sales calls with major accounts or partners.
- Provide general routine and non-routine support for your assigned area of the business.
- May be asked to work and support environmental compliance or sustainability reporting.
- As you progress through the experience levels, you'll use your knowledge of business issues, key customers, company practices, procedures and processes to coordinate and manage many other processes and projects.
- Volunteering program is available, based on your availability and desire to be engaged with the broader community.
Job Requirements: Education and Experience
- Enrolled in Canadian University with successful completion of third term.
- Preference for those pursuing a business related degree.
- Technical or nontechnical studies candidates will be both considered.
- Courses completed to date should include math, economics and finance.
- Experience with data bases, demonstrated skills in statistical analysis.
- Experience working in a consumer or commercial sales environment.
- Experience leveraging project management skills, working with a diverse team.
- Strong communications and presentations skills, with competency in English Language.
- Desire to participate in community and environmentally focused engagement volunteering if time allows.
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada's most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada's Greenest employers list.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top