Controls System Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The Controls Systems Engineering (CSE) group in Corvallis, Oregon is seeking experienced candidates in vision control systems or integrated control systems programming.
The CSE group has core responsibilities of providing solutions that enable automation and systems capability applied across thermal inkjet pen and supply proto manufacturing lines and associated test systems. While the onsite scale of application is typically R&D oriented, the solution space extends to our worldwide manufacturing partners as they leverage design concepts for production volumes. The engineers on this team have a strong background in all aspects of industrial automation as applied in numerous industries. “Systems Engineer”, as we refer to it, describes our focus on the electrical and software design components of our technical contribution as well as on adjacent competencies including project management, specification and acquisition, mechanical systems, process control, manufacturing operations, IT infrastructure, and integration. Our team also values and deploys embedded systems and firmware development skills as we seek to leverage our integration and technical solutions to adjacent businesses.
As a member of CSE, you will work in a supportive team environment with an opportunity to develop and apply a diverse range of skills. You will partner with other engineering disciplines to specify and acquire factory capability from third parties as well as design and develop in-house solutions. You will investigate, plan, develop, integrate, test, deploy, and document per milestone commitments. You will design and support systems based on a wide variety of software technologies including: programmable logic controllers, human machine interfaces, motion control and robotics, vision systems and windows applications (VB, C++, C#, C). Implementation success requires equal parts technical proficiency, self-motivation, and strong analytical skills with an eye for detail. You will team with our worldwide manufacturing partners to leverage proto environment solutions into qualified and production ready environments and support control systems acquisition.
Responsibilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Interface with worldwide manufacturing partners to leverage proto environment solutions to a qualified and production ready implementation.
- Ability to work & interact effectively with team members & individuals from other disciplines, geographical locations and companies
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ Years of industry experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced product development environment
- Experience with network communications
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Automated tool programming & real-time control knowledge
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and tools
- Electrical hardware design and documentation experience - AutoCAD
- Experience with PC/Win32/.Net based software solutions development experience
- Design and support systems based on current and emerging vision system technologies
- Investigate, integrate and deploy next generation vision and vision controls systems
- Experience in selecting and specifying optics, lighting, and cameras for automated machine vision systems
- Demonstrated history in image processing algorithms used to enhance images and locate, measure, and identify defects
- Experience with PC based machine vision libraries; Matrox MIL, Cognex OMI/VisionPro, and OpenCV.
- Experience programming Cognex Insight and/or Keyence XG and CV systems
- Knowledge of how to interface machine vision systems to PC or PLC based automation control systems
- Knowledge of how to trigger, synchronize, and pass data between vision and control systems using common interfacing methods such as digital I/O, serial, ethernet, EIP.
- Developing Windows applications within MS Visual Studio environments.
- Proficient with C++ and MFC based Windows applications and Mastery in developing object oriented code in C++/C# with .NET Forms based user interfaces.
- Develop and deploy advanced control system programming to standardize current systems and position HP for the next generation controls platforms.
- Demonstrated strong control systems programming skills & practices, including: development, debug, start-up, revision control & state control programming structure.
- Mastery of C, C++, C# and/or Java.
Back to top