At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
All Contracts Team personnel are part of a global contracting function within the Global Indirect Procurement (GIP) organization. The execution of the role, and the primary contracting responsibilities, depend on the Category or Regional area assigned. Contracts Team members at this level should expect; hand's on contract negotiations, be the primary legal interface, provide in depth contracting expertise and knowledge on contracts-related terms.
Contract Team members are accountable for the terms and conditions of all strategic supplier relationships. In this capacity, Contracts Team members are solely responsible for the development of all terms negotiation plans, leading all terms negotiations, interfacing with the legal department on contract interpretations, and communicating risk positions and analysis to the business unit decision makers.
Contract Team members may be asked to assist with strategic projects . Having a solid foundation of cause and effect thinking, ability to prepare and deliver materials, lead moderate to complex negotiations, take part in strategy sessions are key requirements.
Contracts Team members are accountable for the development of customized and simplified contract templates. At this level, the GIP Contracts Team member will have a key role in creating and implementing new contract clauses and supporting documentation.
Contracts Team members must be able to proficiently express ideas, legal terms and risks to all levels of HP both verbally, written and in conversation. At this level, being able to concisely present ideas in the appropriate format is expected.
Contracts Team members will be asked to work independently to provide training and mentoring to Category Teams, Stakeholders and Suppliers. Creation of training materials and ability to speak to small or large groups is an important factor.
- Expertise in identifying risk positions and the correlating contract terms
- Drafting of tailored contracts and contract terms solutions
- Application of cause and effect thinking
- Provide leadership in contract areas
Recommended Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's (undergraduate) or Master's (graduate) degree or equivalent experience
- Law degree (preferred, but not required)
- Strong communication skills
- English juridical proficiency
- Comprehensive understanding of contracts and legal terms
- Strong capacity for evaluating supplier pushback and developing solutions
- Extensive experience planning for and coordinating negotiations involving contract terms and conditions
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Strong Team work, partnering skills and relationship building
Back to top