The Americas Contract Operations team provides end-to-end operational support throughout the lifecycle of our direct contracts, from initial customer engagement through to contract closeout. We add value to the business relationship between the customer and HP by delivering professional contract management while maintaining high levels of compliance and customer satisfaction. With operational excellence we support HP's sales teams and assist in facilitating the sales process for our clients and customers.
The HP Contract Administrator works as part of a virtual team to deliver expert contract management support to HP external customers, HP sales teams and other internal HP teams to execute agreements that support timely booking of HP business. This requires continual interaction with internal stakeholders such as legal, finance, proposal center, pricing support, contract sales managers or other direct and indirect stakeholder teams.
The primary job responsibilities are to:
- Provide timely support to enhance HP sales teams efficiency.
- Manage existing contracts and new requests within an assigned territory.
- Participate in complex product and service RFPs, and applies judgment to select existing agreements, standard templates, or approved alternative language for responses.
- Confirm and review approvals and signatures, and prepares data for system entry and agreement archiving.
- Ensure all contracts are accurately recorded in HP systems of record and compliant with financial and audit requirements.
- Complete required customer vendor forms and supply HP company information as requested.
- Manage and fulfill ongoing contract compliance obligations.
- Investigate and resolve internal and external customer inquiries regarding active agreements and HP's terms and conditions.
- Ensure that HP sales contracts are managed in accordance with HP's internal contract compliance requirements.
- Follow detailed process documents and update activity logs on a timely basis.
- Lead or participate in contract related projects, as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a minimum of 2 years of experience managing sales contracts for products and services with US state and local governments or other public sector organizations.
Mandatory requirements. The successful candidate must:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree with specialization in Business, Contracts/Legal or other related discipline from a recognized university or equivalent work experience.
- Be able to read and understand contract and terms and conditions.
- Have the ability to work with customers and with sales teams in a sales contractual consultative role.
- Demonstrate sound business judgement decision making to balance customer requirements within established company business controls and compliance objectives.
- Have strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Able to work independently as part of a virtual team.
- Be able to manage aggressive deadlines in a fast paced selling environment.
- Be detail orientated, with a high degree of accuracy and strong analytical capabilities.
In addition to the Mandatory Requirements, candidates with any of the following skills will receive strong consideration:
- Be adept in the use of advance Microsoft features such as share point design, manipulation of data in Access, or creation of macros in Excel.
- Have experience with process improvement activities with a certification in Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma or another established quality management methodology.
- Have experience using internal HP systems such as PATSY or VISTA.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top