Consumer Notebook Life Cycle Planning Manager
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Attract, grow, motivate and maintain talent; build a skilled Product/Service/Solution (PSS) workforce and core center of expertise for HP
• Improve CPS efficiencies through process, tools and collaboration with GBU and the regions
• Based on a strong knowledge of trends in the industry affects the strategy/direction of the cNB product line/line of services or solutions
• Regularly provide product/service/solution recommendations to the customers as well as to higher level management
• Responsible for driving the mid-term strategy of the product line and cycle planning
• Lead projects that involve cross-functional coordination to provide integrated products and cycle management
• Improve processes affecting their workgroup and those interfaced with; e.g., forecast system, obsolesces process with retailers
• Is perceived by the RBU team to be an expert in the cycle planning and product management.
• Manage and lead cycle commit with the established schedule and milestones. Complete milestone within dateline
• Conduct and lead weekly discussion with the Regional Category teams on open issues and updates
• Often create innovative solutions to enhance cycle management processes
• Streamline process alignment and transparency where possible between the notebook and desktop cycle planning teams
• Influence at the director, vice president and above level, as well as with internal customers and partners
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to drive Single CPS E2E product life-cycle management processes
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree in Marketing/Business/ Technical.
- Master degree desired
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledgeable of assigned product/solution and customer requirements for the product.
- 5 years of demonstrated knowledge of product marketing fundamentals.
- Demonstrated management skills
- Demonstrated strategic leadership in retail cycle management
- Demonstrated experience working at the global level
- Proven experience leading, driving and measuring virtual teams towards a common goal
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company, including senior management
- Team player mentality
- Excellent communication skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top