Connectivity/IO R&D Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
As connectivity firmware engineer you will be member of the R&D community in the HP Large Format Printing division in Sant Cugat del Valles, Spain. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for the design and delivery of new HP DesignJet and MJF products and solutions.
You will be part of the engineering team responsible for the design and development of the embedded systems firmware focusing in the Connectivity area. To achieve this objective you will be working with other members of the New Product Development and Industrialization teams on site and offshored teams.
You will also review and produce requirements, specifications, and designs to assure best in class product development. You will work with marketing and customer assurance departments of the entire organization to deliver high quality HP Large Format products.
Mainly, in collaboration firmware development teams, design, develop and debug the firmware to control the printer connectivity. You will also be responsible of its integration with other firmware modules in such a way that facilitates its reuse in other HP large format printers.
Furthermore other several ones among following ones:
- In collaboration with overseas HP engineering team define, implement and qualify the connectivity architecture of our large format printers.
- In collaboration with other software teams design, implement and qualify the interfaces with other printer firmware areas and Host applications and protocols.
- In collaboration with reliability teams assure the quality of our products carrying out or supporting required unit, integration and system testing.
- In collaboration with Operations organization help to define and support industrialization of our products.
Carry out all developments with a platform approach that facilitates reuse and efficiency.
Required education and overall experience
Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication engineering or similar degree.
Key skills, abilities and knowledge to be valued
- Excellent teamwork, cross-functional communication and analytical skills.
- Knowledge or experience about embedded software development.
- Knowledge or experience about concurrent programming. Knowledge or experience in multithreaded and/or multi-process systems, understanding usage of synchronization primitives, different communication paradigms, mutual exclusion, producer-consumer schemes, memory sharing, data communication and priority assignment.
- Knowledge of networking architectures and IO protocols.
- Experience in C and C++ programming.
- Experience in object oriented methodologies.
- Experience programming network applications.
- Software development skills.
- Objectives and schedule driven working capabilities.
- Fluent English (spoken and written).
Additional skills to be considered
- Flexibility and good learning skills.
- Experience working with distributed and oversea teams.
- Experience in Linux kernel and its development environment.
- Experience in real time operating systems and tool chains.
- Experience in code debugging: usage of debuggers and tracing tools, memory corruptions and leakage detection and correction, stack analysis.
- Experience with network analysis tools.
- Experience on debugging issues in distributed architectures.
- Experience in state machine design and implementation, event driven control, complex error detection and recovery, synchronization between multiple devices with multiple states.
- Experience with communication protocols (REST web services, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, IPP, FTP, WS-Print, AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, ...)
- Experience with Kerberos, Active Directory, CIFS/SMB, LDAP, DFS.
- Experience with Linux and Windows administration
- Experience with web applications development techniques.
- Experience with cloud based solutions and services.
- Experience with security and vulnerabilities analysis techniques
- Experience with networking, firewalls, IPv6, IPSec
- Experience with openSSL, pki
- Experience with wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, Bluetooh, NFC, etc)
Candidates not providing all referred skills, abilities or knowledge could be considered based on how his/her curriculum and experience are aligned with the tasks to carry out.
Back to top