Configuration Services Software Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, Test and deploy Custom Images and Recovery Solutions
- Mostly Microsoft (Win10) and very small percentage of Linux images
- Leveraging corporate tools and processes
- Basic Root cause analysis of factory stop ship issues
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- These processes are complex and can take 3-6 months to become fully trained on all the processes.
- Imaging Tools like Symantec Ghost experience is a plus
- Demonstrate the ability to apply basic analytical skills for debugging and troubleshooting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Medium/High level in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
- Bilingual (English)
- Ability to apply basic level of knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems/projects of basic complex scope.
- Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input.
- Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Works on problems of standard complex scope.
- Work over Medium/High stress
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top