Computer Vision Software Designer
HP Computer Vision Software Designer
This position involves development of Computer Vision technologies and applications. The successful candidate will have knowledge in the areas of Machine Learning, Deep Learning training methods, and development of CNNs.
Experience in Caffe, OpenCV, MATLAB, Python, C++, Objective-C is highly desired.
The technologies will be deployed and piloted in a number of different application spaces (SDK, mobile phone, Windows/OSX desktop, APIs).
You enjoy challenging work in a development lab that will make use of his/her engineering academic courses and applying it to a stream of commercial products.
You will participate with other members of our R&D teams to drive new technology development, implementation, innovation and cost effective next generation printing and imaging technologies for our partners and customers.
Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of end- user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms based on specific requirements and instructions.
Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
Education and Experience Required:
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (applied Computer Vision)
- Skills include Machine Learning, Deep Learning training methods, and development of CNNs.
- Experience in Caffe, OpenCV, MATLAB, Python, C++, C.
- Experience with computer vision algorithms for applications such as image classification, object detection and recognition, and tracking.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Cloud service deployment technology (AWS, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Hypothesis-driven software development mindset
- Test-Driven-Development, Unit Test, Pair Programming
- Strong understanding of Lean UX process
- Ability to work with fast changing requirements, vague requirements
- Ability to analyze the performance and scalability of complex systems
- Information Science and analytics background
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top