Computer Science Internship
This posting is a pipeline position for the software/firmware engineers that will be hired in the Boise site. Qualified candidates will be contacted by the hiring team at HP for further, employment discussions.
The HP Internship Program is ranked among the top 25 in the world by Glassdoor. Beyond the assigned intern project, summer intern activities include a technical site tours, executive events, financial advice, community service opportunities, project fair, as well as numerous development and professional networking opportunities.
We're focused on e-services, technologies and solutions. On Internet and computing platforms, printing and imaging technologies, storage and intelligent information appliances, and we're chasing down broader alternative technologies and basic research. On manufacturing sites we turn foundation technology from HP labs into real solutions. We're getting smarter. Acting sharper and moving faster. Getting people off the bench and into customer sites to speed up time to market.
At HP, we don't just dream about the future. We invent it.
Software Designers work in a variety of embedded SW / client SW / Cloud / IoT areas related to printing.
- Work as a part of R&D team to develop the SW to enable printing systems. Teams are responsible for defining and delivering high quality software through the SW agile development model. This also includes partnering with other teams to deliver towards expanding solutions.
- Adopt the necessary tools and processes to deliver high quality and robust SW that meets the end customers' needs
- Work closely with QA to ensure that all the software meets/exceeds end user expectations as well as quality and robustness criteria.
Depending on the specific team project definition and the intern's degree focus, the intern's work areas could include projects related to embedded SW, client-application, mobility, cloud or IoT type solutions enabling systems in fleet management, print, page input, security and extending platform systems for third party solutions.
- Working towards a Bachelor's (undergraduate) or Master's (graduate) degree in a technical discipline (e.g. computer science, computer engineering, data analytics, information technology, engineering, math)
- Experience and knowledge (depends on discipline area):
- For software and firmware areas, beginning experience in XML, VB, HTML/DHTML, C#, and/or C++ in a PC Windows, Android and/or Macintosh environment. Awareness of software lifecycles. Some knowledge (development and application) in multiple operating systems.
- Exposure to engineering principles, methodologies, and procedures. Demonstrated experience in organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Exposure to design, development and implementation of solutions
- Exposure to Solution Development Lifecycles, their associated processes and when to apply each (examples. Include Agile Development, XPlanning, traditional waterfall, etc.)
- Exposure to Quality Assurance and testing methods
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, foreign, and multi-cultural environments
- Innovative and creative approach to solving problems ("Think outside of the box" mentality)
- Solid English oral and written communication skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top