Computer Science Intern
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere - every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us - inspires us - to do what we do. To make what we want. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze.
This internship is located in Corvallis, OR in the Commercial PageWide Web Press Software Group delivering world class solutions to our customers. We are responsible for many aspects of the PageWide press from the customer interface, to streaming images, to processing Big Data.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product and solution.
- Collaborate with engineers across disciplines to deliver solutions.
- Document features for future support.
- Creates and executes test plan for feature qualification and integration.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 3 years of college level courses in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related program.
- Proficient in Java and OOP practices.
- Ability to solve technical problems in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Experience in code debugging: usage of debuggers and tracing tools, memory corruptions and leakage detection and correction, stack analysis
- Knowledge of the product design cycle.
- Experience with Linux and software development, package, test & release.
- Experience in translating from requirements into design, from design into subsystems.
Education and Experience Required:
High School Degree 3rd Year of University completed--typically a technical degree specialization.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Alex J.Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top