Competitive Intelligence – Supplies
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
Competitive Intelligence – Competitive Landscape Forecaster
This position will report to the Competitive Intelligence Manager and work with partner Global Business Units, Regions, HP competitive teams and other key stakeholders. This person will make judgement calls with an engineering mindset and in light of design and market dynamics on the future trajectory of the business.
- Develop a holistic view of the supplies aftermarket competitive set and key market drivers and trends
- Collaborate with Product analytics, Business Planning, New product development and Forecasting teams to assess HP's Supplies share and create 3-10 year forecasts of share erosions/gains on a platform, country and regional basis
- Work with Security & Competitive team on Supplies security implementation and related legal investigations.
- Produce detailed business analysis of key aftermarket competitors (clones, remanufacture, refill)
- Respond to management, regions, and sales force questions and requests for competitor insights/presentations
- Track and calculate Continuous Ink Supply Systems (CISS) market sizing as an input for partner forecasting teams' business projections
Education and Experience Required:
- BS in Engineering or related field.
- Strong background in analytical thinking, technical analysis and project management
- Strong analytical and excel capability
- System thinker: integrating multiple, diverse, unconnected sources of information to derive actionable insights
- Ability to analyze/summarize articles and reports
- High level communication skills and business acumen
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high request rate environment
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of printing supplies aftermarket industry, (players, trends and motivators), writing systems, and printing technology would be very beneficial
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top