Competitive Intelligence Analyst, Print Analytics
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and works with limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
The person who fills this role will work within the competitive intelligence team of print analytics to collect, collate, interpret and analyse data from varied sources on HP and competitor activities, performance, strategies, etc.
- Monitoring, reporting and analysis of Competitor activities, to provide a holistic assessment of Competitors' strategies and performance. This would include (but not limited to):
- Tracking competitor activities across the 4Ps of marketing
- Tracking market share, revenue performance for competitors and HP in relevant categories
- Staying up to date on competitor product portfolios, NPIs, new technology, etc.
- Maintaining and updating database of competitor activities and performance vis-à-vis HP
- Aiming to refine and automate, where possible, the current processes and introducing standardization across reporting
- Aiding in developing customer response material/communications
- Working on ad-hoc analysis, as and when they arise
- Providing analysis on competitor activities, along with implications and recommendations for management review
- Utilising the knowledge gained from the above activities to become a Subject Matter Expert in the relevant field, and provide consultative inputs and insights to senior management to help improve HP's competitive advantages
- Interfacing effectively with multiple levels of management and functional disciplines
- Over time should also strive to independently anticipate and predict competitors' future strategy and tactical moves based on their past and current actions
- Over time should build the necessary intellect and judgement to be able to independently make at least the first level recommendations on what HP could potentially do or not do vis-à-vis competitor moves
- Over time, candidate should develop a working understanding of product technical features with guidance from Competitive Technical analysis team members
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Marketing or market research / PG – MBA, MCA, MS, or associated degree in marketing or market research
- Project management experience a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of marketing fundamentals and tools.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of the organization and functional disciplines.
- Ability to influence and drive consensus.
- Expertise in MS Office a must to perform the role; coding/programming skills a plus
Good presentation skills (PowerPoint as well as presentation delivery) will be a distinct advantage
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top