Communications Manager, Greater China
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
If you are our Communications Manager, Greater China in China， you will have a chance to
Building and Communicating a Strong Narrative
- Create, drive and evaluate pan-HP communications messaging, planning and platforms across earned, owned and shared - specifically to include IT, business, digital and electronic media and local analysts
- Collaborate with Communications, Marketing and Executives teams to build content for corporate social channels and drive experiential activations that communication our brand and drive reputation and thought leadership
- Outline hot topics, trends, key needs and inclusions for strategic media and influencer success
- Leverage content from the business and company narrative to develop and deliver the country MD Communications plan to key media, analysts and influencers.
Drive Media and Influencer Relationships
- Develop a key strategic media and influencer plan across key markets in the region - with strong results across news, business, trade, online, lifestyle media and analysts.
- Strengthen HP's impact with key targeted media, influencers and analysts, positioning HP as a thought leader in the industry
Plan and Execute
- Build executable action plans with clear targets, linkage to business objectives and stakeholder buy-in
- Manage the strategic relationship with the agency to ensure tight alignment and quality of programs, manage budget and enable the quality delivery of programs in these markets directly
- Support key events including executive visits, key announcements or market events
Collaboration across teams
- Establish excellent working relationships with the leadership team members - including the MD's chief-of-staff, key business leaders, HR and other operational leaders - to understand and develop the overall storyline and content
- Work with the APJ Communications team to ensure coordination of communications programs, including issues management
Manage Issues and Crises
- Provide quality and timely advice to management and business units on issues that affect HP's public reputation and external relationships
- Support the MD and leadership for crisis communications, in collaboration with the broader HR, Legal, marketing, business and communications team.
- Teamwork - Establishes and maintains co-operative and productive work relationships with relevant employees. Keeps other involved and informed of decisions or changes that may affect them, sharing information quickly and directly with them. Encourages and initiates collaboration and sharing of information openly between team members of other relevant teams. Handles conflicting views in a constructive and respectful manner. Values diversity and individual differences. Helps to create learning opportunities within the team.
- Initiative - Actively seeks new and improved ways of doing work. Continually volunteers to assist in ways of improving the productivity of own job and group processes. Suggests ways to improve and is involved in the solutions. Makes best use of resources by taking advantage of work already done, eliminating unnecessary duplication and reducing costs. Strives to attain the highest possible standard. Owns and manages the upgrading of skills along with manager.
- Results Orientation - Demonstrated a consistent and dependable work effort in order to deliver against an objective, target or request. Can execute on request or against a plan in order to deliver required outcome. Responds accordingly and takes action to ensure deadlines and customer and/or internal commitments are met. Can plan and prioritise workload in order to meet objective.
- Communication - Presents ideas or situations clearly in either written format or orally. Listens carefully in order to formulate an effective response.
- Business / Financial Acumen - Consistently and judiciously applies basic business and financial principles to all decisions and transactions.
- Knows the Market and the Competition - Researches and analyses trends and players in the IT industry to stay on the cutting edge and ahead of the competitions.
- Understands the Customer's Business - Knows the business drivers and critical factors that enable customer success.
- Influence and Negotiation - Asserts own ideas and persuades others; gains support and commitment from others; negotiates effectively.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top