Commodity Manager-Strategic Procurement
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create!
- Leads the analysis of a specific commodity data and industry trends or leads an individual supply chain sub- category; reports results to managers.
- Participates as a senior member on a cross-functional team (may lead specific projects).
- Meets with Stakeholder managers to understand business priorities and translate them into procurement plans; comprehends the industry and the Marketplace.
- Utilizes supply chain and financial modeling tools.
- Participates in Supplier Selection Activities.
- May lead activities for less complex domains.
- Assesses the supply base of category.
- Negotiates and contracts with suppliers.
- Engages with low-complexity suppliers.
- Monitors supplier performance.
- Executes risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management, and operation strategies.
- Identifies common contract risk areas.
- Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using pre- packed solutions.
- Advises program level business representatives on fundamental contract risk areas.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree in Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of procurement processes, battery industry, and suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge and use of procurement tools and applications.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Strength in Project Management Skills.
- Possess ability to develop suppliers
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills; influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and ability to converse in Chinese language.
- Ability to create a contract using standard HP contract templates with supervision.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify common contract risk areas.
- Capable of applying pre- packaged contract solutions to obtain acceptable outcomes.
- Solid understanding of fundamental contracting principles.
- Good understanding of HP business units and HP business strategy.
- Excellent cultural knowledge of Chinese, Korean, Western and Japanese.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top