Commercial Notebook Product Planning Manager
The Commercial Notebook Business is a fast-paced, dynamic business that is continuing to grow within HP. As a Commercial Notebook Product Planning Manager you will be responsible for driving growth our business by understanding key customer trends and requirements and creating the right product definition to meet those requirements. The role will require managing deliverables through the product planning lifecycle - from concept planning through product planning definition closure, while driving a smooth transition to product launch and end-of-life execution and transition.
Within the Commercial Notebook Product Planning team, the specific responsibilities include:
- Gathering and understanding key customer insights
- Performing analysis of technology and market trends while developing a market growth opportunity analysis within the industry
- Lead ideation sessions within the group to generate ideas of how to solve customer problems within the Commercial Notebook segment
- Collaborating with other product managers across different businesses to create complete product solutions.
- Creating and managing effective content and processes for product positioning and messaging for regional partners, sales force and channel partners
- Working in partnership with downstream product management teams to ensure we have a strong story and strategy for Go-to-market and external launch messaging and positioning
- Consistently perform competitive analysis against top industry players to ensure our lineup is differentiated and competitive
- Support growing the business plan for the notebook team and manage products/solutions to meet revenue and profitability goals in line with team targets.
- Developing marketing process enhancements to ensure that the overall notebook marketing process can grow and scale with the business.
- Preparing key executive and external product strategy presentations
- Thorough understanding and mastery of basic marketing principles and product development process. Previous experience in high-tech or personal computers marketing is a plus.
- Strong ability to empathize with customers and understand their key pain points and needs
- Proven experience in successfully managing high-volume product categories is a strong requirement.
- Ability to effectively work as a leader in a cross functional team environment including business and product development, supply chain and procurement processes and execution dependencies.
- Aptitude for using an analytical approach to business evaluation and problem-solving - with the understanding of how to effectively communicate proposals, results and implications to management teams and external partners.
- Exceptional ability to execute and influence the direction of a product/technology vision and roadmap. The successful candidate should have a track record of influencing successful product/solution vision/roadmap and executing to a plan
- Capability to collaborate with and manage external partners in the product development process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and expertise in communicating with international partners
- Experience in program and process management, with a proven ability to proactively initiate process improvements within a team environment
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top