Commercial contracts management
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate with up to 5 years of work experience. Preference will be given to individuals with a background in contracts administration.
The HP Contract Administrator works as part of a virtual team to deliver expert contract management support to HP external customers, HP sales teams and other internal HP teams (such as legal, finance, order management) to supporting HP revenue generation and enhancing sales representative's efficiency.
The Americas Contract Operations team provides end-to-end operational support throughout the lifecycle of our direct contracts, from initial customer engagement through to contract closeout. We add value to the business relationship between the customer and HP by delivering professional contract management while maintaining high levels of compliance and customer satisfaction. With operational excellence we support HP's sales teams and assist in facilitating the sales process for our clients and customers.
The primary job responsibilities are to:
- Provide timely support to enhance HP sales teams efficiency
- Manage existing contracts and new requests within an assigned territory
- Supports and work with customers, legal, finance/revenue recognition, business unit, sales, and other direct and indirect stakeholder teams to execute agreements and support timely booking of HP business.
- Manage contract signatures.
- Assist with and respond to post-execution contract inquiries and activities.
- Responds to customer requests for HP company information and completes required customer vendor forms.
- Investigates and resolve internal and external customer inquiries regarding active agreements and HP's terms and conditions.
- Acts as the initial negotiation point for standard terms and conditions for Non-Disclosure Agreements and Third Party Financing Agreements.
- Ensures all contracts are accurately recorded in HP systems of record and compliant with financial and audit requirements.
- Manages HP's sales contracts to ensure that contracts are managed in accordance with HP's internal contract compliance requirements.
- Leads or participates in contract related projects, as required, including new product introductions and new program implementations.
May participates in complex product and service RFPs, and applies judgment to select existing agreements, standard templates, or approved alternative language for responses. Reviews existing contracts to determine which contract best aligns against the bid and order purposes.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a minimum of 2 years of experience managing product and services sales contracts.
Mandatory requirements. The successful candidate must:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree with specialization in Business, Contracts/Legal or other related discipline from a recognized university or equivalent work experience.
- Be able to read and understand contract and terms and conditions.
- Have the ability to work with customers and with sales teams in a sales contractual consultative role.
- Demonstrate sound business judgement decision making to balance customer requirements within established company business controls and compliance objectives.
- Have strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Able to work independently as part of a virtual team.
- Take initiative to manage aggressive deadlines in a fast paced selling environment.
- Be detail orientated, with strong analytical capabilities.
In addition to the Mandatory Requirements, candidates with any of the following skills will receive strong consideration:
- Be adept in the use of advance Microsoft features such as share point design, manipulation of data in Access, or creation of macros in Excel.
- Have experience with process improvement activities with a certification in Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma or another established quality management methodology.
- Be able to read and write in French.
- Have experience using internal HP systems such as PATSY or VISTA.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top