Commercial Account Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Coordinates/Owns account plans for State, Local, and Education accounts
- Focuses on larger deals/opportunities and value and/or volume portfolio management, and selling a range of HP products and solutions.
- Uses Product Specialist to leverage existing opportunities and branch into more than one Product Category within an account.
- Establishes a professional working relationship (up to the executive level) with clients, and develops a core understanding of the unique business needs.
- Engages partners effectively to improve win rates on selective deals.
- Builds growth opportunities using the account planning process; actively manages planning process through scheduled reviews and updates.
- Generates leads for HP products
- Responsible for achieving/managing quarterly, half yearly or yearly quota.
- Enters opportunities in pipeline tools and updates them weekly. Recommends and Implements Pipeline management practices.
- Sell solutions that include hardware, software and services both transactional and contractual based
- Build and deploy a territory account plan that includes working with partners, specialists.
- Ability to implement margin recovery activities/strategies in full ownership of the account or in partial ownership depending on account coverage.
- Identifies customer requirements, matches with HP capabilities and chooses respective HP supply chain accordingly (Direct or Indirect).
- Reviews and designs sales policy and strategy.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Has deep knowledge of basic enhanced products, solution and service offerings as well as competitors' offerings.
- Extensive vertical industry knowledge and advanced degree of selling skills.
- Typically 5-8 years of experience as referenced above.
- Account management experience required.
- Experience in product specialty (computers, printers) preferred but not required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad understanding of the customer's needs; applies standard as well as creative solutions to meet those needs.
- Ability to coordinate internal and external partners to deliver appropriate solution sale.
- Able to interface with senior levels in internal HP and external, client and partner groups.
- Knows when to adjust business plans based on account and industry segment opportunities.
- Use consultative selling skills to proactively help customer's with making IT business decisions.
- Partner organization intelligence aligned with partner management skills.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of specialty - from proposal to contract sign off.
- Ability to understand the customer's business issues and translate to HP solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and drive strategic sales activity on a solution basis.
- Excels in competitive selling skills.
- Needs a good understanding of the channel and how to partner.
Back to top