Commercial Account Manager
At HP Inc. we believe in reinvention.
It is why we keep reinventing our company, our technologies and what tomorrow holds, so industries, communities and individuals can keep reinventing how they operate, ideate and create what matters the most to them.
The Commercial Account Manager applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. Will act as a team leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations.
- Coordinates/Owns account plans for strategic commercial accounts.
- Focuses on larger deals/opportunities while selling a range of HP products and solutions.
- Establishes a professional working relationship (up to the executive level) with clients, and develops a core understanding of the unique business needs.
- Engages partners effectively to improve win rates on selective deals.
- Builds growth opportunities using the account planning process; actively manages planning process through scheduled reviews and updates.
- Generates leads for HP volume products and certain value products and collaborates with other specialists or partners as needed.
- Responsible for achieving half yearly or yearly quota.
- Enters opportunities in pipeline tools and updates them weekly. Recommends and Implements Pipeline management practices.
- Sell solutions that include hardware, software and services.
- Build and deploy a territory account plan that includes working with partners, specialists.
- Identifies customer requirements, matches with HP capabilities, products and solutions
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree required.
- Has deep knowledge of PC & Print products, solutions and service offerings as well as competitors' offerings.
- Typically 5-8 years of field selling experience as referenced above.
- Field account management experience required
- Experience in product specialty (PCs, mobility, workstations, printers, peripherals and solutions).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad understanding of the customer's needs; applies standard as well as creative solutions to meet those needs.
- Ability to coordinate internal and external partners to deliver appropriate solution sale.
- Able to interface with senior levels in internal HP and external, client and partner groups.
- Knows when to adjust business plans based on account and industry segment opportunities.
- Use consultative selling skills to proactively help customer's with making IT business decisions.
- Partner organization intelligence aligned with partner management skills.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of specialty - from proposal to contract sign off.
- Ability to understand the customer's business issues and translate to HP solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and drive strategic sales activity on a solution basis.
- Excels in competitive selling skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top