Collection Analyst II
Applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Analyzes and recommends customer credit limits based upon credit scores.
- Investigates potential credit fraud and works closely with internal security and business partners to resolve.
- Resolves credit issues independently.
- Negotiates down payment with customers and HP sales staff to allow customer to purchase above their credit limit.
- Analyzes and researches customer's receivables account delinquency and determines the type of communication method to facilitate payment.
- Resolves disputes related to customer payment on delinquent accounts and negotiates and ensures payment from customer.
- Recognizes trends for non- payment and resolves issues by engaging internal partners.
- Initiates the dispute resolution process with internal HP partners and follows issue and ensures resolution for HP and customer.
- Analyzes at-risk customers and recommends account strategies to prevent delinquencies.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics recommended or equivalent experience.
- Typically 2-4 years of experience in collection.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate written and verbal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Intermediate accounting knowledge.
- Intermediate problem solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Intermediate prioritization skills.
- Basic understanding of risk mitigation tools.
- Intermediate understanding of HP's order management process.
- Intermediate understanding of HP's dispute management process.
- Intermediate understanding of collection processes and financial concepts.
- Intermediate influence skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top